Board logo

Pilgrim 356 2+2 opinion please.
Sebastian - 12/5/09 at 07:12 AM

Hi,

My father is looking at building a 356 speedster replica and he likes the idea of a 4 seater version and not having to cut the floorpan due to the regulations here in Holland, but what is your opinion on the Pilgrim 356 2+2.

On the pictures it really looks very long but is that in the real world also the case or does the picture on the website don't do it right.

And are there more kits available that are using the standard floorpan of a car with a bolt on body? like the Burton and the Pilgrim?

Thanks.

Mr Whippy - 12/5/09 at 07:34 AM

sorry but the four seater looks sooooo wrong

If you don't already have a chassis, what about buying a tatty already shortened but registered beachbuggy and just swapping the body’s over?

Sebastian - 12/5/09 at 08:36 AM

OK that was what i also thought but was hoping that it was just a bad picture.

The Buggy idea is not bad though, but how much do you have to shorten a beetle chassis for a Pilgrim 356?

Mr Whippy - 12/5/09 at 08:50 AM

tbh I'd contact them (kitcarman@ntlworld.com) as they don't actually say though usually its around 15 inches and not as simple as it looks due to all the stuff in the tunnel.

Mr Whippy - 12/5/09 at 09:49 AM

worth signing onto this as it for replicas also -

linky

smart51 - 12/5/09 at 10:10 AM

I saw the two pilgrims side by side on a stand at a show a few years ago. The longer version doesn't look too bad in the metal. It does look longer but not ugly. The rood, I vaguely recall, isn't as nice.

BTW, for those of us who speak metric, 15 inches = 381mm

adrianreeve - 12/5/09 at 02:11 PM

Chesil have started producing kits again, and are the Daddys of 365 replicas!

I know where I'd put my money (In fact, I've promised my wife one when we pay our mortgage off!)

Cheers

Adrian

iank - 12/5/09 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adrianreeve
Chesil have started producing kits again, and are the Daddys of 365 replicas!

I know where I'd put my money (In fact, I've promised my wife one when we pay our mortgage off!)

Cheers

Adrian

Yes, Chesil's are nice. Obscure factoid. they used one instead of a real one for the Wimbledon film.
linky