Board logo

Luego lighting problems.
Sebastian - 2/3/13 at 04:09 PM

Hi Guys,

We have a problem with connecting the lights on our Viento.

Problem is:

We have the original Viento loom with relaypack, everything on the dash works fine but we can't get the lights working.

There are 3 wires for the lights that come from the relay pack which says connect to switches, 1 red wire, 1 blue/red and 1 blue/white, we want the main beam to work from stalk on the colomn and the dip and side lights from a switch.

There is positve feed on the brown wire that goes into the top relay (side lights) and connects to the other 2 relay's.

We have a switch with 3 points, 1 for possitive 1 for dip and 1 for side lights, although that's what we think.

If i connect the possitive to the switch ans the blue/red to the other point the dip beam works but we can't get the side lights (and tail lights) working and the main beam doesn't responde if i connect the wire direct to the colomn stalk.

I think we make an error in thinking but what

Tried new relay's but no difference.

Hope you guys can help.

SteveWallace - 2/3/13 at 10:34 PM

This is how my Viento is wired using Sierra stalks for main and dipped lights. The loom was supplied by Luego but is a Premier Loom. Depending on which stalks you are using it will need to be wired as switched earth or switched live. I know that what I have does not exactly match yours, but hopefully it will be of some help. Note that a 'P' next to the wire colour means that its the Premier Loom colour, an 'S' means that its the Sierra colour

Sebastian - 3/3/13 at 10:44 AM

I am not using the sierra stalks for the dip an sidelights, only the main (high)beam is on the stalk.

So do i have to connect a earth to the switch and on the other 2 pins the wire for the dip an sidelights that come out of the relaypack?