Board logo

Kitcar and garage time. Where does the time go.
jossey - 17/2/15 at 06:53 PM

Sure you have all had this but I seem to lose hours in the garage.

The Mrs asked how long I would be in the garage.

I was just finishing off the loom and just needed to cable tie a few bits so 15 mins.

Turns out she wasn't pleased with me coming in 2 hours later.

So how do you convert normal time into garage/Kitcar time

[Edited on 17/2/15 by jossey]

zx12r dug - 17/2/15 at 07:10 PM

Give her a bit of money tell her to go buy herself something nice . sometimes works for a few hours! !

Slimy38 - 17/2/15 at 07:24 PM

I do remember coming out of the garage after five minutes of welding to find the house lights turned off and everyone in bed... Thinking on it I must have been using the grinder at way past throwing out time!!!

AntonUK - 17/2/15 at 07:46 PM

Its a portal to a dimension where time moves at a completely different rate than normal earth time.

Ive been know to 'pop' to the garage for a tool or measure something only to come back over an hour later.

Also been know to again 'pop' in the garage to show a fellow petrol head the latest progress, suddenly its 4 hours later and the missus, has been shopping and cooked the dinner. She's a keeper

Irony - 17/2/15 at 08:39 PM

Every time I go in the garage time flies by. Lots of times I come in the house is in darkness with everyone in bed.

I reckon every 1/2 hour of rubbish TV my missus makes me watch seems to last about the same amount of time as 2 hours of garage time.

[Edited on 17/2/15 by Irony]

DIY Si - 17/2/15 at 09:07 PM

I've given up telling her how long I'll be. I just say to her to come and tell me when dinner's ready and if I'm free I'll come in. If not, tell me again in 1/2 hour!

jossey - 17/2/15 at 09:42 PM

Ohh glad it's not just me.

ceebmoj - 17/2/15 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I've given up telling her how long I'll be. I just say to her to come and tell me when dinner's ready and if I'm free I'll come in. If not, tell me again in 1/2 hour!

That and just because I say I'm tidying up ready to finish does not necessarily mean i will be in any time soon.

garyo - 18/2/15 at 08:20 AM

We run a wireless doorbell system twixt kitchen and garage. Helps keep stress to a minimum!

steve m - 18/2/15 at 09:33 AM

Most of my garage time, when im on days off, is a compromise of asking what Wife was wanting to do, and working around her
as she doesn't drive, taking her to wherever

otherwise, I just go out into the garage until im nagged,

Still married after 32 years , so something must be working

steve