Board logo

Anyone been out in their Locost today?
slimtater - 26/12/08 at 03:27 PM

I have! First time for a month - roads were lovely and quiet. Bit cold (tyres didn't seem to get warm) and slippy in places - grit lorries making it a bit more entertaining!

UncleFista - 26/12/08 at 03:35 PM

Yes ! I've been for a run to Skipton the long way 'round

I enjoy driving the thing as much now as I did the first drive to the SVA

The roads were quiet-ish, but the numpty-drivers were out in force

The good news is that my new thermals Santa brought me seem to double the time I can spend out in the car before hypothermia sets in, I managed 2 hours before I couldn't feel the steering wheel
I'm almost finished thawing out now though

slimtater - 26/12/08 at 03:37 PM

Hey 2 hours is pretty good going on a day like today. Perhaps I should have asked for thermals and not a Scalextric and Wii Mario Kart!!
I was out about 2 hours as well but that included a fuel stop and a 1/2 hour coffee break. Reminded me why I like Derbyshire roads ;-)

[Edited on 26/12/08 by slimtater]

stevec - 26/12/08 at 03:38 PM

You Yorkshire blokes really are made of strong stuff. Its bl**dy freezing here.
Steve.

UncleFista - 26/12/08 at 03:40 PM

Hehe, I didn't ask for 'em, my missus sees me in my old ones, they're so small I look like Max Wall in 'em I don't think she could stand it anymore.

I tried to come home after an hour, but the car was like a magnet, being repelled I just kept veering off the way home and going somewhere else, it's not often the roads are so quiet

SteveC, It's been a whole three degrees while the sun's been out today, that's positively tropical 'round here

[Edited on 26/12/08 by UncleFista]

Rudy - 26/12/08 at 03:56 PM

In Venice today the weather is shining and windy, I drove for about one our , the road was desert and I found a couple of parking area ,so I made some donuts :-)

slimtater - 26/12/08 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rudy
In Venice today the weather is shining and windy, I drove for about one our , the road was desert and I found a couple of parking area ,so I made some donuts :-)

Did you have the donuts with coffee?

David Jenkins - 26/12/08 at 04:32 PM

Spoke to my daughter on Christmas Day - it was 35C and she'd been sitting next to a friend's swimming pool all day...
Don't you just hate family!

(She's in Sydney, Oz)

dhutch - 26/12/08 at 05:16 PM

Ive been out today with my dad.
- Look him for the first spin he;s been out form, and also let him drive it for the first time properly (hes insured on it).

Good times.

Got out at about half 2 ish, drove round the country lanes till it got take. Plus a detour to fill her up with fuel. Which dad paid for (score!) Temp proberbly around 2-3deg when i left, down to about 1. Its not freezing up outside.

Let the rear tyres down a bit from around 20 to 15 (cold temps) which made a huge diffrence in the cold weather.

Daniel

(She's in Sydney, Oz)

Maradona - 26/12/08 at 05:55 PM

here in argentina the weather is pretty hot to drive, is 30° C. , nice to ride at nights.

cheers

DIY Si - 26/12/08 at 06:48 PM

Yup. I was out for 3 hours today. Nice set of thermal pants, thermal top and a good wind proof jacket. Nice and toasty all day. And I even have an aeroscreen and no heater! Although, the biker gloves are a god send.

Trev D - 26/12/08 at 07:26 PM

Yep out in mine today for a couple of hours came across a classic car meeting it was a good turn out.

irvined - 26/12/08 at 07:34 PM

Yep,

First time in ages, got it back on dutch plates this week, today went for a blat around my area, -3 outside today, little bit nippy.

Toyo 888's had about as much grip a not very grippy thing, but fantastic fun all the same. Wheel spin up into 3rd was a bit sketchy though.

Winter Driving
Winter Driving

[Edited on 26/12/08 by irvined]

[Edited on 26/12/08 by irvined]

snapper - 27/12/08 at 01:57 AM

Going out today for a free Karting party at my mates track in Brentwood, so will be taking the car to show off.
My secret weapon for defeating the cold is an Arctic Warfare Training Dew Liner, comfortable at +60c to minus 40, looks like a big black romper suit but hell i don't care.

scutter - 27/12/08 at 07:16 AM

Been out and about in my today (well actually yesterday). Just to charge the battery you understand -2Deg when i got home, interesting wheel spin in 3rd at 25ish

ATB Dan.