Board logo

Madness spreading North
dave1888 - 30/6/07 at 04:58 PM

Glasgow airport firebomb attack never thought i see terrorist TYPE activity up here in Scotland. Well if theres one to unite the sectarian divide in Glasgow this will be it. Brace yersel

bilbo - 30/6/07 at 05:03 PM

Looks like it was a fairly botched attempt again, and they caught the b*****ds this time.

I know it's serious, but it did make me laugh earlier about the second car in London. Only in London would a car bomb have a parking ticket issued and be towed to the pound before it has chance to go off

UncleFista - 30/6/07 at 05:17 PM

Amateurs, the lot of 'em, trying to make a car bomb with no explosives. 60litres of petrol, some gas and some nails. I've seen more dangerous builders vans running on LPG

Gotta say, the BBC site is so dry it makes it even funnier "They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire" what the hell do they teach them at these terrorist camps ?

theconrodkid - 30/6/07 at 05:54 PM

course they will claim its a "cultural thing" and get legal aid with hoards of hand wringing apologists running round defending their actions

omega 24 v6 - 30/6/07 at 06:10 PM

quote:

"They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire"

Should've left the cnuts to burn.

turbodisplay - 30/6/07 at 06:26 PM

Said to my girlfriend that its ironic that the traffic warden must saved it from going off by moving it to an underground car park with no mobile reception.

It shows that these idiots are uneducated by the stupid actions, parking a car illegally in London etc.

Darren

Billbro - 30/6/07 at 07:09 PM

Pity the passengers.
The busses to take them off the 3pm arrivals and the outbound taxied a/c have just arrived. 5 hours sitting parked on the ramp.

blakep82 - 30/6/07 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

"They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire"

at least this way they can be interrogated... yeah, was watching news 24, and whilst phone cam pictures of a burning car were being shown, the news reader, i forget his name, was asking if the car was on fire. BBC news at its best there...

and whoever said about legal aid, i don't think these 2 are going to get away with anything, caught red handed, well, 'red hot' handed

theconrodkid - 1/7/07 at 08:30 AM

and whoever said about legal aid, i don't think these 2 are going to get away with anything, caught red handed, well, 'red hot' handed

twas i,just you wait and see....long drawn out case,they wont be hung at dawn

britishtrident - 1/7/07 at 08:35 AM

Although all three attempts were botched, don't assume this load of nutters aren't dangerous, the Glasgow incident shows they had some knowledge of the workings of Glasgow's main temminal block.

From what I gather GLALs own Airport Fireservice showed its true colours and left it to Strathclyde Fire Service all the way from Canal st in Paisley to tackle the blaze when one of Glasgow Airports Fireservice's very expensive airside foam tenders could have been at the scene within a minute and half and snuffed the fire out within 10 seconds.

zxrlocost - 1/7/07 at 09:20 AM

has anyone thought they wanted it to look like this and then give it two weeks of panick chaos to calm down then suddenly BOOOOMM!!!!!!!

omega 24 v6 - 1/7/07 at 10:21 AM

quote:

at least this way they can be interrogated.

You mean they'll be asked questions. Fat lot of good that'll do. Interrogation for these guys SHOULD IMHO involve wiring the fcuckers up untill they squeal.

quote:

Got to agree with conrodkid here they'll be treated like royalty, wined and dined at our expense as well.

As I said originally

quote:

Hell they were even so stupid as to set themselves on fire. If that's not natural selection then I don't know what is.

Hellfire - 1/7/07 at 11:24 AM

BBC LINKY

Am I becoming a racist? Following the 9-11 attacks by a few weeks, I was in Prague on business on my way home. There was an Asian looking guy in front of me... my Japanese Manager asked me the question, "Steve - do you feel safe?". I had to answer "No." but I felt ashamed for doing so...

On 27th (Wednesday) I was entertaining clients of mine on a business lunch... most of the guys in the Restaurant looked and spoke Polish... I felt like a fish out of water!

On my return from a few days holiday in Prague - a family of Romanian's (who could not speak or understand a word of English) they were loud, spilling drinks all over the place (including me) many, many voices were complaining about the behaviour to the hostesses. The hostess was heard to say "if someone would have confronted them, I would have said nothing!", I was returning to the terminal and I got chatting to this guy... he said "And then they wonder why we don't like 'em - he was a very well presented businessman"...

How sad is England/UK becoming?

Steve

[Edited on 1-7-07 by Hellfire]

JoelP - 1/7/07 at 12:50 PM

if you read a dictionary definition of racism, or even better, 3 as quoted from wikipedia:

quote:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another race or races. The Merriam-Webster's Webster's Dictionary dictionary defines racism as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race, and that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief.[8] The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism thus: the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others.

It actually isnt quite what people normally count as racism. Ie, no mention at all of name calling etc.

And since traits often do go hand in hand with race or culture, it does somewhat muddy that waters.

theconrodkid - 1/7/07 at 01:48 PM

Am I becoming a racist? Following the 9-11 attacks by a few weeks, I was in Prague on business on my way home. There was an Asian looking guy in front of me... my Japanese Manager asked me the question, "Steve - do you feel safe?". I had to answer "No." but I felt ashamed for doing so...

On 27th (Wednesday) I was entertaining clients of mine on a business lunch... most of the guys in the Restaurant looked and spoke Polish... I felt like a fish out of water!

On my return from a few days holiday in Prague - a family of Romanian's (who could not speak or understand a word of English) they were loud, spilling drinks all over the place (including me) many, many voices were complaining about the behaviour to the hostesses. The hostess was heard to say "if someone would have confronted them, I would have said nothing!", I was returning to the terminal and I got chatting to this guy... he said "And then they wonder why we don't like 'em - he was a very well presented businessman"...

How sad is England/UK becoming?

this ,last time i looked was still ENGLAND and the majority resent foreigners moving in and bending/breaking the rules and having our way of life modified to fit in with the newcomers as opposed to newcomers adapting to.
of course saying what the majority think is classed as racist and an army of lawyers/do gooders are waiting in the wings to string you up

DIY Si - 1/7/07 at 08:04 PM

I'm just glad I live in the middle of the Midlands, or there abouts, and out in the sticks. Bugger living in a town with all and sundry. This may sound bad, but as a general rule, when out visiting people/customer's homes, you can tell just what type of family lives there before opening the gate, if there is one left. IE certain foreign nations can be determined by the smell, or all the shi%e in the front garden etc etc.
Some however, are hard working and live in a very clean way. These people I have never had an issue with. Turn up, pay your way and all is fine. Turn up, sponge off my taxes, and live in a pig sty and I wouldn't wee on you if you were on fire.

I love speed :-P - 1/7/07 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I'm just glad I live in the middle of the Midlands, or there abouts, and out in the sticks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6750543,00.html

Thats less than a mile from where I live and its not really a big place

PhilCross66 - 1/7/07 at 10:37 PM

I wish the media would stop telling everyone so much about the incidents.
We dont need to know exactly why the bombs didn't go off but they do, they will learn from their mistakes. The less anyone knows about these bombs the more chance they will make the same mistakes again.
Its not that long ago some idiot American told the press about how they tracked Bin Laden by his mobile and oh what a surprise the mobile wasn't used again.

davie h - 2/7/07 at 11:26 AM

america compared to glasgow

America:"Oh my God! there was a man on fire,he was running about, i just ran for my life..i thought i was gonna die,he got so close to me"

Glasgow "Cnut wis running aboot on fire,so a ran up n gave him a good boot,then decked him"

America:"I just wanna get home,away from here..i just wanna get home,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"here shug,am no leaving here till am oan a fcukin' plane!"

America:"there was pandemonium,people were running in all directions,we didn't know what was hapening,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"Fcuk this fir a kerry oan,moan we ll get a pint in"

America:"We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister,and was trying to get into his trunk,i thought we were gonna die,i just ran for my life"

Glasgow:"a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire,and the dafty couldnae even open his boot,he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America:there was this huge explosion,it sounded like war,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"There wis a bang,yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that"

America:"i'm too traumatised even to speak,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate,gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear,if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

omega 24 v6 - 2/7/07 at 11:35 AM

quote:

America:"Oh my God! there was a man on fire,he was running about, i just ran for my life..i thought i was gonna die,he got so close to me"

And the rest
Priceless PMSL

DIY Si - 2/7/07 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by I love speed :-P
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I'm just glad I live in the middle of the Midlands, or there abouts, and out in the sticks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6750543,00.html

Thats less than a mile from where I live and its not really a big place

I didn't say there weren't nay nutters out here!

davie h - 2/7/07 at 05:43 PM

dont bring your terroism to scotland cause we'll stick the boot in

the hero of the hour john smeaton

http://johnsmeaton.com/

[Edited on 2/7/07 by davie h]

jack trolley - 2/7/07 at 06:12 PM

JoelP - 2/7/07 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davie h
dont bring your terroism to scotland cause we'll stick the boot in

the hero of the hour john smeaton

http://johnsmeaton.com/

[Edited on 2/7/07 by davie h]

That rocks

quote:
Here’s to John. This man shows us that the law-abiding, honest, brave citizen is still very much with us. Here’s to his heroism, his straightforward belief in right and wrong, his support for Law and Order, and his willingness to give a good kicking to someone richly deserving it.

[Edited on 2/7/07 by JoelP]