Board logo

Silencer question!
Sebastian - 18/5/09 at 06:25 PM

Hi guys,

I am currently running a Zetec 2.0 and it makes a lot of noise a bit to much at the moment so i am looking on bringing it down a bit, my current exhaust consists of the standard zetec manifold and 1 rather short pipe going through the side of the car and after that the standard silencer follows so the pipe from the manifold to the silencer is pretty short.

So i am looking at a full carbon bikesilencer with db killer, since i heard that this is better than the standard metal silencer.
What is your opnion on this?

Is fitting 2 silencers above each other an option? I think this wou look realy cool!!!

omega0684 - 18/5/09 at 06:32 PM

907 on the forum will make you a custom built ma-hooo-sive silencer dead cheap, i'd drop him a u2u, his work looks very nice indeed

also check out his post

907 silencers

tul214 - 18/5/09 at 07:07 PM

Like this

Description
Description

speedyxjs - 18/5/09 at 07:15 PM

^^^ that does look cool

Sebastian - 18/5/09 at 07:58 PM

That does look cool, but i was thinking more about two with seperate exhaust ends.

I have seen it somewhere try to get the picture.

snippy - 18/5/09 at 08:49 PM

I saw this Tiger for sale a few months back with twin silencers fitted one above the other. The guy that was selling it was from www.flashcustoms.co.uk I think the car is still for sale if you look in the ads in the back of Complete Kit Car magazine (try online). He might be worth a call if you like this idea.

Sebastian - 18/5/09 at 09:07 PM

That's what i mean, and he i also drive a Tiger Supercat.

Thanx.