Board logo

Zetec correct running.
Lime zest - 25/7/10 at 11:23 AM

Hi guys, i have just started my avon kit car with a new black top zetec and alpha webber fuel injection and T/B's. Tickover is fine the car idles at around 900rpm. The problems start when i floor the throttle. The engine initially backfires and then the revs pick up correctly. If i slowly increase the throttle the engine smoothly picks up. As i said the only problem is when i floor the throttle. Any ideas???
Thanks James

MakeEverything - 25/7/10 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lime zest
Hi guys, i have just started my avon kit car with a new black top zetec and alpha webber fuel injection and T/B's. Tickover is fine the car idles at around 900rpm. The problems start when i floor the throttle. The engine initially backfires and then the revs pick up correctly. If i slowly increase the throttle the engine smoothly picks up. As i said the only problem is when i floor the throttle. Any ideas???
Thanks James

Main jets the wrong size, or vacuum not connected?

rusty nuts - 25/7/10 at 11:48 AM

No jets in TBs! Doesn't the Weber Alpha system have to be set up by a Weber agent?

big_wasa - 25/7/10 at 11:59 AM

If its a pre- maped set up then I would start and look for air leaks.

Have you got the exhaust fitted ? If Not, That will make it run lean.

Also check Tps and other sensors are connected up correct.

Its about all you can do with out a webcon agent checking it on the rollers.

[Edited on 25/7/10 by big_wasa]

arrow-engineering - 25/7/10 at 06:35 PM

backfiring is a sign of a weak mixture, sounds to me like you need the accel enrichment increasing, a job for a weber agent unless you are tasty on the laptop, there is a gap in the fueling when you rip open the throttle, you need to tell the ecu to put more fuel in when the throttle is snapped open

Lime zest - 25/7/10 at 06:53 PM

thanks guys, i will have a chat with webber. Anyone got the software to play with the ecu though, i fancy giving it ago myself...

fatbaldbloke - 25/7/10 at 08:08 PM

I wait to be corrected but I understood the Weber Alpha system could only be worked on by a Weber Alpha agent. Unlike others it can't be tinkered with by the home user.