Board logo

C20XE and Bike Throttle Bodies
grassracer - 11/8/10 at 03:42 PM

I know its been done on here but I've a few questions,
Basically which throttle bodies are the most suitable bearing in mind the SBD ones are 45mm
Which management system is best and why (I don't want megasquirt)
Its going to be pretty much a full race engine are bike bodies going to be suitable at all?
Anyone with any experiences I'd appreciate your opinions, thanks in advance

andrew-theasby - 11/8/10 at 03:51 PM

Hayabusa or blackbird (cheaper) seem the best from my research, im using blackbird. They arent far out on the spacing so i didnt respace them, think from memory the head is 95mm between centres and the tb's were 90. Im not running yet so maybe not the best person to ask, but if theres anything about mounting them you need to know i might be able to help.

beaver34 - 11/8/10 at 05:00 PM

iran bike bodies from a hayabusa for th last 3 years, made great power but maybe lacked low down driveabilty due to the throttle being too quick if that makes sense,

i ran the bike injectors were 42mm and were fine for my 1600 if not a little overkill
ive sold them and got a set of direct to head jenvys to see if there is much differencing

Jenko - 11/8/10 at 05:12 PM

Depends on the engine spec....standard XE, I would go for GSXR 600 TB's - 38mm, no need to go bigger until you start hitting the 200bhp mark....

grassracer - 11/8/10 at 06:46 PM

Looking for approx 220 bhp, solid lifters, big cams, double valve springs +60 overbore and competition spec pistons to suit.
I've looked at the QED website and they do a kit to include bodies and management but its £2500 plus vat, just wondering if its do-able in a more locost way

rpm - 11/8/10 at 06:52 PM

i'm running gsxr 1000k4 tb's on my basically standard engine, haven't found acceleration from low revs to be a problem, they're dead easy to respace aswell
BTW it drinks petrol if you put your toe down, but i quess you wouldn't be too worried about that
roger

[Edited on 11/8/10 by rpm]

fatbaldbloke - 11/8/10 at 08:40 PM

GSXR 750's would do the job.