Board logo

Zeemrides, Good-Bad?
scutter - 5/6/02 at 05:44 PM

After finally getting on the net i thought that i'd get involved, the question is everyone slates Zeemride shock does this have any grounds and if so what is the problem with them? P.S. any of you guys building your cars in the salibury area?

Simon Mc - 5/6/02 at 07:19 PM

Hi there scutter,
Cant answer your question on the shocks but im not all that far away in Melksham.

locost7-online.com - 5/6/02 at 07:24 PM

I Have some on my Locost, seem ok, only bee arount the block a few times.....SVA Soon then ill let you know.

John
www.locost7-online.com

scutter - 6/6/02 at 03:54 PM

Cheers john, will await the results of the big day, simon how far has the build progressed?

ChrisW - 10/6/02 at 06:06 PM

I'd heard the words 'Zeemeride' and 'sponge pudding' used together on many occasions so I went for a set Gaz shocks and springs. Never driven on either though - just what I've heard!

Chris

scutter - 10/6/02 at 06:53 PM

Cheers Chris, doesn't look good, looks like i'll have to save for a bit longer.

stephen_gusterson - 10/6/02 at 07:11 PM

I too have heard a lot of bad things about zeemereides, but whenever I have asked more, all you ever get is 'well i heard they arnt any good'.

No one can ever back up their statment. So I recon the jury is out cos there is no one who can give any real evidence.

Guess what I have on my car.......you guessed it.

I will let everyone know whats the result once the car is on the road. The only thiong thats missing is you can adjust the dampers - only the spring preload is adjustable.

atb

steve

stephen_gusterson - 10/6/02 at 07:11 PM

I too have heard a lot of bad things about zeemereides, but whenever I have asked more, all you ever get is 'well i heard they arnt any good'.

No one can ever back up their statment. So I recon the jury is out cos there is no one who can give any real evidence.

Guess what I have on my car.......you guessed it.

I will let everyone know whats the result once the car is on the road. The only thiong thats missing is you can adjust the dampers - only the spring preload is adjustable.

atb

steve