Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Home built dampers.
paulf

posted on 17/5/02 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Home built dampers.

I have asked this question on the other list a few times and got no response, but will ask again here as this list is much more helpfull. Is any one else buiding there own dampers or considering doing so?.I am building a pair for the front of my car based on the Gas Monotube design by Darren George the basic drawings are on one of the Yahoo lists. I have made the body and spring seats so far along with the endcaps and floating pistons.My main problem is finding some spring steel valve disks as used for the damping valves on the piston.I have searched the net but only been able to find suppliers who sell in bulk , or shims of the wrong size.
For the back of the car i am using two coverted mini front shocks with homemade alloy adjustable spring seats and 160 lb 9" springs.
Any usefull comments and advice appreciated.
Paul.

ChrisW

posted on 18/5/02 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
If you've found someone who sells bulk try ringing them up and blagging that you need a sample to test for some new product your company is investigating? Probably get them free aswell which is always a bonus.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.