Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost + kit race cars testing.
procomp

posted on 12/1/08 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Locost + kit race cars testing.

Hi thought i would start this thread following on from the 10% rule thread.

If you are testing or trackdaying you locost race car just put the details up here in this thread giving as much notice as possible with dates etc. And lets see if it can be used to give one off the other racers the chance to join in or just come along and gain some experience etc.

No idea if it's seen as a good idea but thought it might help following on from the other discussion.

I will start it with Donnington SUN FEB 3rd trackday organised by donnington. Definitely one car but hopefully if all planes workout could be 3-4. Just a shake down to see what falls of after those winter mods

Cheers Matt

Thought it would be worth linking THIS THREAD As it's very simalar and already running on the locost forum also used by the locost drivers.

[Edited on 12/1/08 by procomp]

[Edited on 12/1/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andylancaster3000

posted on 12/1/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Matt,

Thanks for letting us know. Very interested in coming up, pretty unlikely it'll be with the 7 in tow however. Testing for that is going to have to be a bit later. What's the likelyhood of one of your kit class car being there?

Cheers,
Andy

pointy

posted on 12/1/08 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

dearly beloved and myself at snetterton
next saturday (19/01/08) and then at cadwell on sunday 24/02/08 which I hope will be drier than last year when the locosts (and others) aquaplanned for most of saturdays race.

All help gratefully received.

Andy p locost68

procomp

posted on 12/1/08 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi sorry but now i am racing a locost i cant speak to kit car drivers anymore .

we may well have one of the kits there but depends upon whether we have had the chance to get them rolling road-ed after the engine changes for 2008. But i will let you know what the score is with what cars we will have there when i know whats happening.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 12/1/08 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi pointy. Is it MR P or Mrs P. Have a word with GazzaP
As i know he is doing some testing at snett in FEB but cant remember the day. Also he is local to cadwell so may well come and give you a hand ect.

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 12/1/08 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
3rd of Feb is a possibility....

pointy

posted on 13/1/08 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Mr p (andy) At cadwell whilst Mrs P will be driving next saturday at snetterton.

Good to hear you will be joining the locost band of merry men/women.

Andy p

mawmaw

posted on 17/1/08 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
testing

hi all, will hopefully have a 200bhp pheonix kit testing at Donnington feb14th and snet march 14th and track day snet again with lotus on march 7th. obviously this depends and successful rolling road sessions and mrs aw giving blessing!
procomp

posted on 19/1/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mark. You all back together and ready. Your getting keen with all this testing anyone would think you want to win this year .

You and 200hp will be interesting.

Cheers Matt

andrews_45

posted on 20/1/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
There is a general testing at Snett on the 14th March. I'm gonna do the 1/2 day then camp the night before the race
Richd

posted on 1/2/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm up at cadwell on the 24th Feb too.

Rich

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
simes43

posted on 2/2/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Remember, Cadwell Park doesnt take prisoners.

I will put a Cadwell video up next week.

Richd

posted on 2/2/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
I know only too well. I was heading for my best stock hatch result (9th) in the wet last year, I decided to go defensive at the hairpin last lap and couldn't get round the corner. Met the barrier and rejoined to finish 12th.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 2/2/08 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Hmmm Yep cadwell is the best place in the world when it's all going well and the suns out.

But it's the worst place in the world when it goes wrong. It will nearly always result in a wallet lightening exercise . But you got to love the place just give it respect.

Cheers Matt

simes43

posted on 4/2/08 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cadwell 06 Final video.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/simes43/?action=view&current=recording-16.flv

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/simes43/?action=view&current=recording-17.flv

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/simes43/?action=view&current=recording-18.flv

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/simes43/?action=view&current=recording-19.flv

dhutch

posted on 13/2/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ive only just found this topic, but i was at donnington on the 3rd, and will be at snetterton on the 16th of march.

Number of freinds where tracking there various random cars, old MR2, Capri, Golf, Mini, and even the (automatic) supra did a few rounds.
- Spend half an hour having a very good talk with a 750mc locost as well.
- I cant unforutunatly recall there name, but i wont forget the car, and may see them again at other events.

My cousin is starting Saxmax this year, having fallen off the end of national karting, with my uncal (who races 2cv's) supporting, and my supporting him.
- Although ive managed to double the 15th already with a steamboat agm.
- But that should be good, and being 750mc too, i may well bump into some locosters at varous events.

Daniel

procomp

posted on 13/2/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi the locost car there was stevetzoid from here. And me helping out. Plus the Elise in the garage was another locost racer.

It was a good day only 16 cars in total allday. Dry weather but cold and very surprising for the time of year the circuit had decent grip.

Back up there tommorow with a kit racer doing some testing. Just hope it is as good a day as the 3rd was.

Cheers Matt

Richd

posted on 25/2/08 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Cadwell yesterday

Weather was fantastic for most part. plenty of track time. Couple of other locost championship cars. James O'donnell and Andy "exxon valdes" Pointer (I'll let him explain that one).

Getting confident with the car now. So hopefully a preseason rolling road tune, oil change, plugs and one or two other add ons and i should be set for the start of the season..

Will youtube a couple of vids as soon as i can

Who else has been out?

Richard Jenkins

posted on 25/2/08 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Went to Snett track day on Saturday. Aaron's old car was there being peddled very well by a young lad (Scott?), an ex-TKM karter since he could walk (almost ;-) ), his first time in a Locost and he wasn't too far behind me. Yikes!! My tip for top novice this year, maybe more??. Other thing was he's repainted the car so Aaron's "unique" colour scheme is no more (just need to repaint the wheels though Scott....).

Good day for beating up on elises, integras, imprezas, and the odd superlight, and seeing how gob-smackingly quick a GT3 RS is. The Noble M400 was pretty awesome as well....

procomp

posted on 25/2/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Good to hear young Scott was doing well. It's hard top believe that the car was Arrons old car. After setting it up with him he has a good understanding of cars and will go far in his first year of CAR racing. And he has further developments to go quicker also.

How was James O'donnell doing at cadwell in his new car.

There should be one or two locosters out at donnington this weekend. Both Sat & Sun. Who's doing the test day the day before snett. Looks like being a busy track on the friday

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 25/2/08 by procomp]

Richd

posted on 25/2/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp

How was James O'donnell doing at cadwell in his new car.

I think he was just giving the car a shakedown run, but he seemed cheerfull enough if thats anything to go by.

Rich

Rob Palin

posted on 25/2/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know of anywhere with a track or test day on the 9th March? My car won't be finished until around then and i can't make it to Snetterton on the Friday before the race meeting.

Donington & Mallory are both doing something else, but does anyone know about places like Bruntingthorpe or Curborough?

procomp

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob i was asking the same question a few days ago. Responses can be found HERE. But there is one a donny on the 8th.

Re James. That's of no help He is always happy and cheerful. Must be something to do with the altitude .

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 26/2/08 by procomp]

Richd

posted on 26/2/08 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
A bit of youtube from cadwell on sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG6weD9sqV4

Cheers
Rich

simes43

posted on 27/2/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
A bit of work to do before I test. I think it will be once round Tesco's car park as usual.

Anyone with more to do?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.