Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Headturner.
bobinspain

posted on 12/2/12 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
What gauge pod is that if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all.
The main dials are from the Gen2 Busa, with savage switches below.
The 'power switch' is the gated aircraft type with pushbutton start.
There's a gear-selection indicator and an oil pressure gauge, straight in my eyeline behind the wheel.
MK put it together for me after I'd 'cherry picked' what I liked from other peoples' cars.

Regards, Bob.

bobinspain

posted on 17/2/12 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Only been out in the car 4 times so far. Had it a week.

First impressions are:

1. Bloody quick and easy to snake the back end with a tad too much 'loud pedal' in all gears but 6th. (air temp 12-16c). The rpm range is surreal, coming from a diesel tin-top. Not gone above 8,000rpm yet.

2. The bike gearbox takes a bit of getting used to. The clunkyness would be more disconcerting if I hadn't watched (and listened to) loads of footage of other becs in action. Got a Flatshifter Pro fitted. I'm using the clutch for downshifts. Clutchless upshifts still seem a bit 'brutal' though effective.

3. Getting into first from second is a bit of a 'black art' as the gilpro indicates 0 (neutral), so I let the clutch out, only to find I'm still in gear, so stall the engine. (Looking like a complete tw*t in the middle of traffic. Heigh-ho, so what's new?). I need to use the Busa dial (yellow light) to double check I'm in neutral.

4. The Busa gear selector reads '5' (a default position I think) which was disconcerting at first, but I just ignore it now.

5. I occasionally get a red light illuminated at the bottom right of the rev-counter for no apparent reason. (I don't think I've over revved, unless inadvertently). Swithching the engine off and back on again gets rid of it.

I've spoken to MK (being wary of cocking something up) and the above doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Any observations and comments from Busa boys would be gratefully received.

Regards, Bob.

whitestu

posted on 17/2/12 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I haven't been out more than that in the past 12 months!

bobinspain

posted on 17/2/12 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Two observations whitestu.

1. The sun shines here.

2. I plan on trying to get 'my money's worth.' and the clock's ticking---(OAP next year and clambering in and out won't get any easier).

Stott

posted on 17/2/12 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain

First impressions are:

1. Bloody quick and easy to snake the back end with a tad too much 'loud pedal' in all gears but 6th. (air temp 12-16c). The rpm range is surreal, coming from a diesel tin-top. Not gone above 8,000rpm yet.

2. The bike gearbox takes a bit of getting used to. The clunkyness would be more disconcerting if I hadn't watched (and listened to) loads of footage of other becs in action. Got a Flatshifter Pro fitted. I'm using the clutch for downshifts. Clutchless upshifts still seem a bit 'brutal' though effective.

3. Getting into first from second is a bit of a 'black art' as the gilpro indicates 0 (neutral), so I let the clutch out, only to find I'm still in gear, so stall the engine. (Looking like a complete tw*t in the middle of traffic. Heigh-ho, so what's new?). I need to use the Busa dial (yellow light) to double check I'm in neutral.

4. The Busa gear selector reads '5' (a default position I think) which was disconcerting at first, but I just ignore it now.

5. I occasionally get a red light illuminated at the bottom right of the rev-counter for no apparent reason. (I don't think I've over revved, unless inadvertently). Swithching the engine off and back on again gets rid of it.

I've spoken to MK (being wary of cocking something up) and the above doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Any observations and comments from Busa boys would be gratefully received.

Regards, Bob.

The light is probably the fi light, it's because of the flatshifter dipping the revs. My gsxr tho engine does it too, if you use the clutch up and down it stays off, as soon as you do a flatshift it lights, nothing to worry about

Hth
Stott

easisatman

posted on 17/2/12 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

Two observations whitestu.

1. The sun shines here.

2. I plan on trying to get 'my money's worth.' and the clock's ticking---(OAP next year and clambering in and out won't get any easier).

Ha Ha Yeh nice day here yesterday I had a quick scream round after renewing the petrol hose (old one perishing I suppose its all the sun we get!!!) Bob I put some pics in my archive of using shuttering to get your car up the high kerb stones they seem to love here!! how many times did you stall it? becs take some getting used to and everything seems quite brutal !!but you will get used to it

regards
Paul

bobinspain

posted on 17/2/12 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, you really don't want to know how many times I stalled it on our driveway !!!

Just come in from pratting around doing a permanent job to get the driveway negotiable for the car. The planks were gash and very hit and miss, so I've gone for steel plates (2), cut and bent to give ramps which now give me about 2cm clearance on the way out. (Long story, but the drive is asymmetric, so I've ended with 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. I've got bricks and planks under the ramps for support and after a half-dozen runs and three times as many stalls, me and a pal have got just about the best geometry achievable.

We're gonna lay asphalt under the ramps, having stihled out grooves to accept the plates and coach-bolted them down. (Civil engineering??)

Knackered so can't be ar$ed to even go out for a blip. (manana).

Stott. Thanks for that. Yep, it is indeed the F1 light.

Sundowner time boys. Cheers.

Stott

posted on 17/2/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
FI - Fault Indication

ATB
Stott

kemills1

posted on 19/2/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote

Hi Bob,
As a new member to this forum I wanted to say hello and I'm very interested to hear about your experience with getting your car registered in Spain. I've been living in Spain for about 4 years now and I bought my Fisher Fury with me but I've not got it registered yet. Russell Whitehouse suggested I speak with you and that maybe you could help.
BTW, your MK looks great! (in the sunshine!)

Kev.

Kev

easisatman

posted on 19/2/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Paul, you really don't want to know how many times I stalled it on our driveway !!!

Just come in from pratting around doing a permanent job to get the driveway negotiable for the car. The planks were gash and very hit and miss, so I've gone for steel plates (2), cut and bent to give ramps which now give me about 2cm clearance on the way out. (Long story, but the drive is asymmetric, so I've ended with 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. I've got bricks and planks under the ramps for support and after a half-dozen runs and three times as many stalls, me and a pal have got just about the best geometry achievable.

We're gonna lay asphalt under the ramps, having stihled out grooves to accept the plates and coach-bolted them down. (Civil engineering??)

Knackered so can't be ar$ed to even go out for a blip. (manana).

Stott. Thanks for that. Yep, it is indeed the F1 light.

Sundowner time boys. Cheers.

Ha ha I know the feeling took me day to get out of the drive with all the stalling. But you do get used to it eventually!!!

had mine for 3 years now and just about getting there

bobinspain

posted on 19/2/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kemills1
Hi Bob,
As a new member to this forum I wanted to say hello and I'm very interested to hear about your experience with getting your car registered in Spain. I've been living in Spain for about 4 years now and I bought my Fisher Fury with me but I've not got it registered yet. Russell Whitehouse suggested I speak with you and that maybe you could help.
BTW, your MK looks great! (in the sunshine!)

Kev.

Kev, You'll see from my threads on here that, to say the least, it's been a voyage of discovery.'
Russ spoke to me last night and has a lot of 'gen.' I'm sure he'll pass it on.
Anything to do with getting a car matriculated here in Spain, I'd use Chris Dann at carimportinspain, he's a wizard.

[Edited on 19/2/12 by bobinspain]

ross05

posted on 20/2/12 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
bob

How is the new toy?

had a little ride in Kevins Fury,it didn·t disappoint. A very well put together car with all the right bits!! glad the breaks worked!!

thanks for the info the other night,passed it all onto Kevin so we should see a Fury on the road soon.

cheers Russ

never forget:never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobinspain

posted on 20/2/12 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ross05
How is the new toy?

had a little ride in Kevins Fury,it didn·t disappoint. A very well put together car with all the right bits!! glad the breaks worked!!

thanks for the info the other night,passed it all onto Kevin so we should see a Fury on the road soon.

cheers Russ

U2U sent Russ.

never forget:never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.