Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Craig Davis electric water pump
G.Man

posted on 19/3/07 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
No PEG is used as a heat transfer liquid in phase change cooling and thermal transfer pastes as well as liquid cooling in high end mainframes...

Please do your research properly

PS deionised water is very bad in computers as it "corrodes" metal badly... metals are more soluble in deionised water... especially aluminium..

[Edited on 19/3/07 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

bike_power

posted on 20/3/07 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
No PEG is used as a heat transfer liquid in phase change cooling and thermal transfer pastes as well as liquid cooling in high end mainframes...

Please do your research properly

PS deionised water is very bad in computers as it "corrodes" metal badly... metals are more soluble in deionised water... especially aluminium..

[Edited on 19/3/07 by G.Man]

You're just talking bullsh*t again, PEG is used is all sorts of things including laxatives (you don't need any of those !) and the printing industry !

I'm not going to bother commenting anymore because you clearly don't understand what you're talking about or the chemicals you've used in your car or what they are used for. You don't even understand the use of de-ionised water.

ps Glad you changed your avatar !

G.Man

posted on 20/3/07 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.intota.com/multisearch.asp?strSearchType=all&strQuery=deionized%2Dwater+corrosion

do you?

Since all of the materials and the fluid in the liquid cooling loop need to work together as a system and need to be compatible with one another, they should be selected together. Copper works well for most applications, since it has excellent thermal conductivity and is compatible with most non-corrosive fluids. Aluminum is compatible with fluids such as polyalphaolefin (PAO), oil, ethylene glycol and water solutions, as well as Fluorinertä, an electrically insulating inert perfluorocarbon fluid manufactured by 3M and used in many electronics cooling applications. Stainless steel is compatible with most fluids, including corrosive fluids such as de-ionized water. Several different fluids are compatible with various standard cold plate and heat exchanger materials (Figure 2).

I should point out that I have a lot of experience building liquid and phase change cooled pc's for people for running at much greater than standard clock speeds, I even hold a record for performance on one of these pc's

[Edited on 20/3/07 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

the moa 2

posted on 5/4/07 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought id update on what happened even though it seems this thread has gone somewhat of topic with a couple of very strong opinionated forum members which is always good to see.

Anyway i have been in contact with Richard Davies in Australia who i only presume is the Davies in the Davies, Craig partnership, he has been very helpful with responces to my emails being almost instant he talked me through what to test so we could eliminate what the problem was and he has put it down to a faulty controller and is shipping me a new one out direct.

Can't be any happier with the service provided especially after being blanked by Demon Tweeks who told me to go see a mechanic if i was having problems installing it. I mean what the feck is a local mechanic gonna know about a after market water pump.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.