Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Snetterton?
David Jenkins

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Then MK put me into the green Blackbird beast - went up the pit lane, to find that the track had been closed for lunch!

Went out after lunch for a really good blast around the track - much appreciated. Rescued attachment dscf0016.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0016.jpg

David Jenkins

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Finally went out in the CCT7 car - it may only have a bog-standard pinto engine, but it went like stink! My wife (pictured below on the pit straight) reported 120 - 130mph on the back straight. I was really impressed with its smooth ride - I really MUST get my back suspension sorted! Rescued attachment dscf0019.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0019.jpg

David Jenkins

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Finally, I can offer no comment on a certain member of this forum who found one of the cars a wee bit... ahem... snug.

[Edited on 28/8/06 by David Jenkins] Rescued attachment dscf0018.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0018.jpg

rusty nuts

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm wonder why the nearside is a bit low? Car doesn't look a big as a Viento
David Jenkins

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
One comment I would make to the organisers - they need to make it clear exactly what the event is all about. If you take your other half and pay a total of £20 expecting to see a kit car show then you'll be disappointed - and I know a few were.

In my case I went along, had a few rides and my wife and I generally had a blast - for us, it was a decent day, if a bit expensive.

Glad I didn't take my toy car though - the rain THREW it down when I got to Diss. Could barely see where I was going at just 30mph. I'd have been bailing out instead of driving!

David

P.S. Brian - did your gearlever survive until you got home?

[Edited on 28/8/06 by David Jenkins]

INDY BIRD

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi David.

glad you enjoyed the ride i my car, it was a bit annoying for you breaking for lunch but i put in a extra lap for you to make up.

Considering it was my 1st track day was pleased with the day will hopefully get faster as i do more track time and explore the car.

a good day but seem to lack the public turnout.

if they could get some parts stands it would create more interest i am sure,??.

[Edited on 28/8/06 by INDY BIRD]

jonbeedle

posted on 28/8/06 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
A bit disappointed with the event really. £15 for me and the missus to get in and not a lot going on. I would have expected a few stands selling parts or race clothing and associated kit car stuff. I enjoyed being in the pits and watching the cars hammering round though and it was good to see one or two familiar faces. We spent a tenner on two manky burgers and one portion of chips and two cups of luke warm tea but the drive there and back was fun despite the hail stones!
Perhaps when the next event comes around we should all meet up at the same time and place. It seems as though quite a few of us were there but didn't get to meet each other and meeting fellow enthusiasts is the best bit. That way it doesn't matter how crap the event is!
Anyway it beat sitting at home and gazing at the telly!
Anyway, I'm thinking of having a garage party at some point. I'll put it in a seperate post when I can come up with a suitable date.
See you all soon.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 28/8/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Finally, I can offer no comment on a certain member of this forum who found one of the cars a wee bit... ahem... snug.

I got as far as the end of the Pit Lane, and they returned me to the Race Office as I had not got a yellow wrist band. Then the heavens Opened and they closed the track.
Even when it dried out, One fury was out of action with a loose Prop flange.
I waited and waited, and they would not go out in the other after the rain due to their tyres and standing water on the track (Fair reason).
In the end, they finished the day, and i went home without getting a ride in anything
In then end, I baled out the Viento which had 1/2" of water in it, as I couldnt get to it in time to cover it up. Its dry now after a nice fast ride home in the Sunshine, and I got home completely Dry... You should have hung about as it dried up, the sun came out and I had a lovely ride home.
A good day.
Nice to meet those that I met.

I'm up for a garage party

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt.c

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote

[Edited on 28/8/06 by matt.c]

matt.c

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 28/8/06 by matt.c]

matt.c

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner
matt.c

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner
matt.c

posted on 28/8/06 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

posted on 28/8/06 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
A picture speaks a thousand words. Rescued attachment 28082006s.jpg
Rescued attachment 28082006s.jpg

jonbeedle

posted on 29/8/06 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

I got as far as the end of the Pit Lane, and they returned me to the Race Office as I had not got a yellow wrist band. Then the heavens Opened and they closed the track.
Even when it dried out, One fury was out of action with a loose Prop flange.
I waited and waited, and they would not go out in the other after the rain due to their tyres and standing water on the track (Fair reason).
In the end, they finished the day, and i went home without getting a ride in anything
In then end, I baled out the Viento which had 1/2" of water in it, as I couldnt get to it in time to cover it up. Its dry now after a nice fast ride home in the Sunshine, and I got home completely Dry... You should have hung about as it dried up, the sun came out and I had a lovely ride home.
A good day.
Nice to meet those that I met.

I'm up for a garage party

I spied you from a distance Geoff. Perhaps I'll get to talk to you at my garage party!

Cheers
Jon

BKLOCO

posted on 29/8/06 at 04:44 AM Reply With Quote
I was there. Had a good drive up except for breaking tyhe gear lever
Very wet drive home

I would concur with all of the comments made.
The total kit car events need trade stands as well as the track action.
I was supposed to be there giving GTS demos but unfortunately GTS had to pull out at the last minute (5:45 phone call:mad

Despite having on a "T" shirt with a pic of my car and bkloco on it, the only people I found were David J and wilkinj (who was on the rollers at the time and I didn't want to interupt.)

At the next event "Brands Hatch." If people are going then we should agree a time and place and all meet up.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

jonbeedle

posted on 29/8/06 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
I was there. Had a good drive up except for breaking tyhe gear lever
Very wet drive home

I would concur with all of the comments made.
The total kit car events need trade stands as well as the track action.
I was supposed to be there giving GTS demos but unfortunately GTS had to pull out at the last minute (5:45 phone call:mad

Despite having on a "T" shirt with a pic of my car and bkloco on it, the only people I found were David J and wilkinj (who was on the rollers at the time and I didn't want to interupt.)

At the next event "Brands Hatch." If people are going then we should agree a time and place and all meet up.

Brian, you were leaving just as I arrived. Are you avoiding me?

scutter

posted on 29/8/06 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I'd just like to add my thanks to all the MK boys, and Paul fisher for answering all my questions patiently, and a big thanks to Danny for taking me out int he test car first(well before the engine blew( to say it was a little quicker than the Crossflow would be an understatment.

Sorry i missed everyone had to pop back home before Lunch.
ATB Dan.

cct7kitcars

posted on 29/8/06 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
good day was had by all i think

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

BKLOCO

posted on 29/8/06 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle

Brian, you were leaving just as I arrived. Are you avoiding me?

Sorry John,
I had some decorating waiting for me and as I'm alittle low on brownie points at the moment..... (working 6:00am to 9:00 pm all this week).
Seemed like a good day to keep SWMBO happy.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

INDY BIRD

posted on 30/8/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
It was a fun day for me.

Remember Brands is next on 14th oct.

They are running a kit car only day on the 13th oct to take your car on track for £120.

think i may make a weekend of it.???.

Shame about the turnout i think the weather forcast didnt help?

Hellfire

posted on 30/8/06 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sean, have you got a link to the trackday at Brands?

Phil

INDY BIRD

posted on 30/8/06 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Helfire.

Just go to www.totalkitcar.com.

it is on the front page,steve says.

hope this helps.

cheers
Sean

PAUL FISHER

posted on 3/9/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yes,a great day last weekend at snetterton,thanks to Sean and brother Paul,"the twins" for saving the day keeping the passenger rides going,after I blew up the MK gsxr,but we were pushing our luck,running it with a standard sump,with no baffles,and full slick tyres,resulting in no oil to the crank,and a number three con rod through the side of the block,the new engine has now been fitted,just waiting for the accusump,and baffle plate to be fitted before donnington. Rescued attachment tkcl-snet-06-8894.jpg
Rescued attachment tkcl-snet-06-8894.jpg

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.