Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can this be real - imporing terror suspects...
r1_pete

posted on 2/1/09 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Can this be real - imporing terror suspects...

More of our hard earned taxes going on undesirables - The Times

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Maradona

posted on 2/1/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
If you want to see some interesting documental abaut the "US war" see Zeitgaist the movie is very interesting. Is free and you can watch on the web http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Diego,
The locost builder from Argentina

BenB

posted on 2/1/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I'd query the phrase "undesirables". The evidence against most is pants. The quatanomo "trials" accepted evidence obtained under torture or heresay as legal evidence! IE wrong place at the wrong time and someone says your name whilst being tortured or there's some intel chatter about you and it's Camp Delta for the rest of your life. Did anyone else think that the main character in the Kite Runner was going to end up in Guatanomo for being a US citizen in Afghanistan??

“Of course the Foreign Office wants to do it, they want to get off to a good start with Obama,” said a Whitehall source.

Whereas Bush had to tell Blair to squeel like a pig it appears the new regime are actively bending over and seeking to be the byatch to a country with a knackered economy.

Why the hell would we want to take hundreds of the worlds most dodgiest "prisoners" whose ongoing incaceration breaks so many rules it's almost laughable? Why would we want to ally ourselves to the US anyway? Cos our (and the rest of the worlds) relationship with the US has been SO useful recently.

Dragged us into two unwinable wars and brought down the world econonmy. Ooh yes, can we have some more of that please? FFS.

What the hell are the US doing having a military base on an island sworn as their arch enemy, a place so evil they don't allow their own people to visit.....

the whole things bonkers and we should have nought to do with it.....

IMHO

Benzine

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maradona
If you want to see some interesting documental abaut the "US war" see Zeitgaist the movie is very interesting. Is free and you can watch on the web http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Zeitgeist is a good watch

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
As far as I understand it, it seems this article has been misunderstood.

The US is discussing with numerous countries the release of "around 60 men" who have been deemed safe for release by the US military. These men cannot be sent back to their own country due to risk of persecution.

The "daily mirror is going to have a field day" issue is that some of these proven innocent, free men may end up in this country, receiving benefits when they have no affiliation with the UK at all.

Its quite frustrating how kneejerk some of the reactions have been. This is about helping shutdown something that should never have been started, housing men who have no homes. Its not about bumming America.

theconrodkid

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
the foreign office denied it the other day on the radio.....so it must be true !.
if these "poor unfortunates" wernt terrorist before they sure as hell must be by now,do we need any more dodgy people here to house and feed?.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Of course its all about 'bumming' America!

No-one was interested when Dubya was trying to do get rid of them a few months back, but no sooner has the cool President-in-waiting clicked his fingers, now all the Euro leaders want to 'bum' him and court some favour with the new administration!

Frankly, it's embarrassing subservient behavior yet again!

I understand where you're coming from regarding the issue of potentially innocent people being incarcerated in a pit of a place, but this is the US's problem. Not ours!

cd.thomson

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I'm fairly sure its the worlds problem.

And I'm also fairly sure it specifically became our problem when we did get involved in "The War on Terror" *cue scary music*.

Its very easy to get focused on the pumped up story of the minute in the media. Its also very easy to forget that the money required to fund the new lives of these ex-delta camp detainees is literally a drop in the ocean of governmental wasted funds.

scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
That's the whole point... if we keep considering every waste of taxpayers-money as a 'drop in the ocean of wasted governments funds', then at some point we will run dry!

Every penny should be carefully counted and spent wisely!

*Cue the tight Scots git jokes!

cd.thomson

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I have to say I agree. Lets not financially aid any country other than our own.

On that topic, lets stop throwing money at a silly Scottish/Welsh parliament.

And single mothers.

P.S. sorry I just ate a Daily Mail, and I started vomiting up the editorial column.

scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me!

BenB

posted on 2/1/09 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Don't see why it's our problem.

Am I missing something here? Why can the US government only release these people from their incarceration if they move to someone else's country? Is the USA suddenly full or something? Typical US foreign policy IE leave someone else to clear up the mess.

Personally I think that considering the fact that the US has illegally locked them up for so many years they should at least offer them American citizenship. As compensation they could even buy them one of the re-possessed sub-prime houses that we're all paying for!!!!

scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Because we are largely a nation of MUGS Ben... that's why!
scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
PS - How do you find the ST engine? They always interested me for some reason! Do you have any stats... weight, RPM, BHP, Torque, etc?
BenB

posted on 2/1/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Of the top of my head.

Bhp: 100Bhp at the wheels on last dyno run (and it was a pretty linear graph even then)
Weight: 75kg (ish)
RPM 8500 redline (known to take more quite easily).
Torque: plenty

Not sure how much it's got torque-wise but enough to spin up the rear wheels, do some seriously good doughnuts on a track-day and enough to pootle around in fifth most of the time...

I'd quite happily leave it as it is. But the mixture isn't quite right (runs very rich on take-off) so EFi seems sensible. And the sump does hang quite low (quite a tall engine) so a dry-sump seems appropriate. And you can never have too much power.....

I think once the ECU is in I'll probably get a fair few more BHP just due to being able to raise the rev-limit from a poultry 8500 (the linear RPM/BHP graph suggests there's more to come). And fixing the over-rich initial running will help my quarter mile. It's got good power but initally bogs down a little (and the marshalls kept on complaining of a serious RON95 honk at the start timing light).

scootz

posted on 2/1/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
There's just something very cool about V4's!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.