Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake servo to manifold connection???
Sebastian

posted on 14/5/09 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Brake servo to manifold connection???

Hi,

Question: We are swapping a standard Pinto engine with the standard carb for a Pinto with twin webers, on the standard carb manifold was a hose connected that leaded to the brake servo but on the webers manifold we don't have that connection.
What do we have to do now can we just plug the hole on the servo and drive without brakeassistance or do we have to connect it to something else?

A have a picture of the servo connection in my JBA archive, since i don't know how to insert a picture.

Thanx.

[Edited on 14/5/09 by Sebastian]

theconrodkid

posted on 14/5/09 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
you cant just disconnect the servo,the brakes will be rubbish,either drill and tap the manifold,there is sometimes a boss where it could go (best option) or remove the servo completely,you may need a different master cylinder(smaller dia) if the car is a bit heavy

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

flibble

posted on 14/5/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Is there no way to drill and tap the new manifold with a vac takeoff for the servo?

^^ Edit:beaten to it

[Edited on 14/5/09 by flibble]

Dusty

posted on 14/5/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
The DCOE manifolds usually do have a boss in one runner for the servo. Drill and tap. Works fine off the vacuum from just the one runner.
Sebastian

posted on 14/5/09 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I checked the manifold and there are 2 tappered holes, 1 is on the bottom in e middle which i believe is for the heating, and 1 is on the top of the manifold behind 1 carb, is this the one to go for?

And on the distributor is also a sort of vacuum pump thing with a small pipe on it where does this go

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.