Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: savage switch digi dash
mkblade

posted on 12/6/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
savage switch digi dash

hope someone might be able to help me out with the handbrake warning light.

i think ive got a bad earth as the savage warning light glows when handbrake is off its only started doing this since ive just fitted the digi dash lite.

ive got a brown wire from the digi dash says connect to handrake/resorv negetive -ve input ,tested this wire with multimeter reads 10.5v

at the savage lamp its got two terminals ones got ign live reads 11.5v when i read the output (neg) side says 6.5v (i think it should read zero as this is the earth side .any ideas
thanks simon

Miks15

posted on 12/6/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Does the digi dash also have a warning light?

sounds like youve only got 5V across your warning lamp when it should have the full 12.

If the dash has one and you connect this they will be sharing the voltage(the one on the dash will also be dim if this is the case)

If this is this case try disconnecting the wire on the digi dash that goes to the switch and see if this solves the problem

mkblade

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
they both light up fine when i pull up the handbrake but when released the digi dash light goes out ok but the savage on still slightly glows.

if i disconnect the dark brown wire from digi dash the problem goes away apart from the warning light on digi dash wont work as its dissconected

Miks15

posted on 13/6/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
sorry i misread your original post, i read it as it glows when the handbrake is on.

Sounds strange that it glows when its off but goes away if you disconnect the digi dash, is the digidash meant to work with an external light aswell? it could be something in its wiring which is causing it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.