Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Van Insurance
Neville Jones

posted on 16/6/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Van Insurance

Hi All

Has anyone got a good contact or info for a good van insurer(if there can be such a thing).

Just got a letter saying that my present insurers are no longer doing vans.

Cheers,
Nev.

westf27

posted on 16/6/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
directline

mark.s

posted on 16/6/09 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
wilsons insurance brokers 08702200344
blakep82

posted on 16/6/09 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
directline

i wouldn't. but then i just wouldn't touch any RBS company with a barge pole. my mum was insured with DL, her renewal came back higher than the previous year, she phoned them, told them she got a better quote elsewhere, and rather than try and match it, the girl said something along the lines of
'well, you've got to do what you've got to do'
my mum said, 'so are you telling me to leave direct line and go with another company?'
'yeah, i suppose so...'

lol, yeah, very good love...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

westf27

posted on 16/6/09 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
directline

i wouldn't. but then i just wouldn't touch any RBS company with a barge pole. my mum was insured with DL, her renewal came back higher than the previous year, she phoned them, told them she got a better quote elsewhere, and rather than try and match it, the girl said something along the lines of
'well, you've got to do what you've got to do'
my mum said, 'so are you telling me to leave direct line and go with another company?'
'yeah, i suppose so...'

lol, yeah, very good love...

Insurance goes up for lots of reasons,some of them unknown to us.I usually find in that situation I benefit from changing companies.The days of loyalty are long gone.One day these people will understand that and make an effort to keep good customers and dispose of the rubbish ones.

ernie

posted on 16/6/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
tescos with a free karcher washer thrown in. But beware when renewing with them as I have done the past 4 years. Check online quote 1st. the renewal thru post was £375 odd, on line £284
adam1985

posted on 16/6/09 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
my vans insured by commercial vehicle direct seem pretty good and competative
Wadders

posted on 16/6/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Have always found the co-op cheap for commercial van insurance.

Al.

ASH3

posted on 16/6/09 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops sorry avtar watching.... cant remember wat post was/ Oh yes van ins will post a very good one we give to our van customers tomorrow not got it on me.

JoelP

posted on 16/6/09 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
motors direct for me, but will try the above come renewal time! £500 for me and im sure it should be a lot less with no claims in 5 years, and no point.

main82000

posted on 16/6/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
hi all
try confussed http://www.confused.com/?MediaCode=144&kw=confused.com+Broad&gclid=

used them for car and van which reminds me i only have 5 days left before mine is due 9 times out of 10 more than comes back as the best price who i have been with for the last 2 years but as the last guy said do a check every year

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neville Jones

posted on 18/6/09 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Did all the internet search things as well. Best quote came from www.quotezone.co.uk.

How is that none of the van policies allow you to drive another vehicle and be covered Third Party only, when the car policy does?

Cheers,
Nev.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.