Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay problems and cases
lsdweb

posted on 28/8/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
eBay problems and cases

Stick with me on this guys!

I bought a 16 valve engine for my 8 valve Saxo VTR - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300331902095&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_976

You'll note from my question that the guy assured me that the engine was the 3 plug ECU type and the ECU was included.

It was delivered last week and when I checked it the loom has the single plug and the ECU isn't with it! This means that it won't be a straight swap for the 8 valve engine.

I emailed and texted the seller but got no response (his responses were instant when I was buying!), so I lodged a complaint with eBay.

To my surprise, tonight, I get an eBay email saying that the seller has lodged a case against me for non payment! I paid instantly with Paypal!

I'm a bit confused now!

Wyn

RichardK

posted on 28/8/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
This sees to happen a fair bit now, just send them the paypal transaction detail from your email and it'll be fine. I think they are just trying to cause trouble.

I think its something with you now not being able to make a claim against them as there is already a claim pending.

Rich

[Edited on 28/8/09 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 29/8/09 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Always seems to be a silly way of blocking an ebay dispute!!! For Ebay to check for a paypal payment is rather easy (when they own Paypal!!) so they'll quickly see he's being a gimp and refund you the money!! Then you can flog the engine on to someone else.

I'd be pissed though if that had happened to me. You quite clearly asked if it had an ECU and how many pins..... Do you think he needs a visit from the LCB "security team"... I think a 1 pin ECU being stuck where the sun don't shine would probably put him off ripping someone off for a while (as well as sitting down)....

big-vee-twin

posted on 29/8/09 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Pay Pal

Go into paypal and open a dispute in the Resolution Centre-stating item is not as described. They have to power to get your money back, I guess you would have to send item back however.

Paypal will know the money has been sent by you.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

lsdweb

posted on 29/8/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
I am pi**ed off!

I'd happily send the engine back but of course it cost me £70 for delivery! I paid for that by cash although that's recorded on Shiply.

I'd rather keep the engine if he gives me something back - I can use an aftermarket ECU (Emerald) if I decide to go down the modified route

GregSL75

posted on 29/8/09 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
You may struggle to get your money back. In my experience you'll be knackered with 'Item not as described' claim. Paypal closed my dispute as soon as it was escalated as they don't deal with 'item quality / not as described' only if it doesn't arrive.

Guess you can't claim it was never delivered, but that's the only way to get your money back in my experience (YMMV)

The only difference is you bought through Ebay, my purchase was just via Paypal. May have more luck with the Ebay route.

2.0 XE on GSXR TBs and Megasquirt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.