Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any idea how much to redecorate a bedroom?
John P

posted on 31/8/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Any idea how much to redecorate a bedroom?

I'm trying to estimate a fair price for redecorating a relatively small bedroom.

Sizes are approximately 12ft x 13ft and one wall is almost completely floor to ceiling wardrobes. There is a single window and one painted door.

The flat is relatively new with emulsion painted plasterboard walls which are in fairly good condition appart from the odd screw hole which will need filling.

Job would be labour only to emulsion ceiling and walls and gloss paint the skirting, door frame, door etc.

Any idea what a fair price would be?

John.

BenB

posted on 31/8/09 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on who you get to do it.
Sounds like a pretty easy job (ie quick fill of the screw holes and lots of painting). Couple of days max.

There's a bloke round my way of borderline legailty re being in the country who is very handy with a paintbrush and charges £60 a day (cash in hand etc etc).... You also supply the paint so you don't pay inflatted prices for the paint.

It's worth going on sites like myhammer.co.uk and myworkman.co.uk and seeing what other people have paid...

main82000

posted on 31/8/09 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
hi
im a painter and decorator and i would say the job would easily be done in a day if i was to price that on what it sounds like it would be in the area of £170 - £200

i should of said thats on a homers price

[Edited on 31/8/09 by main82000]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
John P

posted on 31/8/09 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
I can believe the work could be done in a day in terms of the total hours but how do you cope with drying times?

I assume the ceiling would have to dry before the walls could be finished and likewise the walls would need to be fully dry before the gloss could be cut-in.

John.

mistergrumpy

posted on 31/8/09 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez. Your bedroom is about the size of my living room
JoelP

posted on 31/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John P
I can believe the work could be done in a day in terms of the total hours but how do you cope with drying times?

I assume the ceiling would have to dry before the walls could be finished and likewise the walls would need to be fully dry before the gloss could be cut-in.

John.

You would need to juggle several jobs, few hours on each. Just charge for how long you're there.

dhutch

posted on 31/8/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
If you start by edging the ceiling, then roller, it will be dry enough to edge the walls with care, roller them, then get to with the woodwork. I would have said.

Are you planning to do th job for someelse, or have someone do the job for you?

Daniel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.