Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt sensors
Paul W

posted on 29/11/09 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt sensors

Iam fitting a Megajolt V4 TPS to my Ford DOHC 8v twinky with fazer 1000 carbs.
I want to connect the engine temp sensor to megajolt aux input.
As the sensor has 2 wires and megajolt only needs one does anyone have any idea which one wire to use?
Cheers Paul

[Edited on 29/11/09 by Paul W]

blakep82

posted on 29/11/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
megajolt doesn't need any input from temp sensors does it? unless its new on V4

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Paul W

posted on 29/11/09 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
yes its new on V4.
dont need it run megajolt, but its there so might as well use it

ashg

posted on 29/11/09 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
earth one and connect the other to the mjolt. i have played about with it on mine but its a bit pointless tbh. you only really need it if your having cold start issues. but if your having cold start probs then you can change the cranking settings so again pretty pointless.

i was looking at trying to make an auto choke using the temp option and an output feed to an actuator that opens the bike carb choke linkage. i was also trying to work out how to make the choke kick in when the engine is at idle and the alt kicks in but for the choke to go off when the engine rises off idle with the alt running.

the bit im having trouble with more than anything is finding an actuator that will nicely fit the bike carbs choke bar.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Paul W

posted on 29/11/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for info ashg
iam just using a cable for choke

les g

posted on 29/11/09 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
ash
what about a door lock solenoid pulling on a cable or fuel shut off solenoid from a diesel engine
cheers les g

blakep82

posted on 30/11/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i was looking at trying to make an auto choke using the temp option and an output feed to an actuator that opens the bike carb choke linkage. i was also trying to work out how to make the choke kick in when the engine is at idle and the alt kicks in but for the choke to go off when the engine rises off idle with the alt running.

the bit im having trouble with more than anything is finding an actuator that will nicely fit the bike carbs choke bar.

been trying to find something similar myself, but even if it was just actuated off a switch, switch coke on, switch choke off. done. auto would be good, but too complicated for me

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.