Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: running gear
howard mann

posted on 15/2/10 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
running gear

can any one tell me what size wisebone brackets i need for bushs 36 mm wide. as i have bought a ron champion chassis off ebay. and brackets are 51 mm wide so there is gaps the bushs are metalastic. can i use metal washers or polyurethane washers. to make tight fit cheers
MK9R

posted on 15/2/10 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
i have rose joints in standard brackets and space them using washers, gives you adjustment to change the geometry

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 15/2/10 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Get a bunch of stainless washers and use them to sort you suspension geometry. You need 22mm castor so if your wishbones are as per the book (which is wrong!) then you can use the washers to adjust it!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

howard mann

posted on 15/2/10 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that lads mind at rest now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.