Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megalog Viewer problems
omega0684

posted on 13/5/10 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Megalog Viewer problems

hi there guys,

im having a bit of a problem with my megalog viewer sync'ing with my datalog,

i did an hour datalog tonight from Milton Keynes to Coventry went through the entire rev range, cruising, hard acceleration (several times ) to make sure that i had a good spread.

now i run alpha N and my TP ADC ranges from 30-197 when i calibrate the TPS in MegaTune. Now i watched the MegaTune screen several times when i was in traffic and idolling and the TP ADC definately read 33 (which it should) but when i put the datalog into Megalog viewer it says that my Minimum TP ADC was 46???????

so obviously when i run the analysis to get a new map it changes all the values that mid to top on the fuel table and not the bottom to top values!

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GregSL75

posted on 13/5/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Someone who knows properly may be along in a minute, but in the meantime, IIRC I had a similar problem (been a couple of years since i used it) and it was to do with having to load your .msq into MLViewer which was a ballache because i was using Megatunix which doesn't use .msq.

Probably a complete red herring / teaching you to suck eggs...

2.0 XE on GSXR TBs and Megasquirt

Lars

posted on 13/5/10 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
its a calculated field.

when you first select to show TPS ADC in MLV you tell it min and max.

so if you enter min 33, then it will show that instead of 46.

I would deselect TPS ADC as a a field and then reselect it, and will ask you to enter min and max

it will just reload everything and all should be fine

fatbaldbloke

posted on 13/5/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
In Megalogviewer open the calculated fields tab, select optional fields, tick TP ADC. This will create a pop up window asking you for the idle and max tps values. Stick in 30 and 197. Should do the trick.
Lars

posted on 13/5/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar problem when I entered it without reading the boxes properly, and got min and max the wrong way round.

took a while to figure out why it said it was idling at 220 and decreased while driving

[Edited on 13/5/10 by Lars]

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/5/10 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
EXACTLY what I was doing Last weekend.
I use tuner studio and did a datalog my adc is 54 to 220 and at idle it was at 94. total waste of an evening.

Any way to sort mines out I had to go to tools and calibrate tps.

the thing is I had made up the tables by hand/import from using megatune and had never done a tps calibrate in tuner studio. It did give out the correct readings on the adc gauge BUT DID NOT log the readings correctly for megalogviewer.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.