Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay question is it a scam??
will121

posted on 15/1/11 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
ebay question is it a scam??

my girfriend is looking at buying a mobile of ebay but the buyer does not offer paypal as a payment option just payment into their credit card, discription as below, what do you think and if they give her their account details for her to make transfer into and she uses her credit card would she still have some protection?? (ive told her under no circumstances give him your card details)

*No Paypal Payments( please pay into my credit card) for more information contact me via Email or phone.
*No shipping to African countrie

r1_pete

posted on 15/1/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Scam or not I'd walk away from that one, find one with conventional payment methods.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 15/1/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Not worth it, IMHO

There must be other mobiles for sale on there that do except paypal.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

cliftyhanger

posted on 15/1/11 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Besides, they HAVE to accept paypal, its the rules of ebay. Report them if you feel the need.
BenB

posted on 15/1/11 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, they have to accept Paypal!
RazMan

posted on 15/1/11 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
You are only protected when paying with Paypal - otherwise you are potentially just giving money away

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 15/1/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
You can understand from a sellers point of view that PP can suck. But with anything like a phone I would want the most come back I could get and wouldnt buy one with out paying with PP even if It was up the road and I was collecting it.
UncleFista

posted on 15/1/11 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
No paypal accepted and zero feedback seller selling an iphone...

Run away !

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Brook_lands

posted on 15/1/11 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
From a seller's point of view there is very little benefit to using Paypal other that providing confidence for the buyer that they are protected. But if you want to sell you take the risk and (as all things) you build it into your prices and the honest punters all pay a bit more to cover the frausters.

From a buyer's point using paypal offers a significant benefit and reduction in risk. Whether this particular guy is just trying to reduce his risk and cost or is a scammer, you don't need to take risk. If the deal is too good to be true then it probably is, if its not then (even for a few quid more) get it elsewhere.

pgtips

posted on 15/1/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Best palce I found for purchasing Iphones ( or any other phones ) is here. Always look for sellers with high trader rating and you can't go wrong. I have been using the website for years and never had any problems.
One think you need to know for this website, they are very strict with the rules. Read the Trading Rules first.

[Edited on 15-1-11 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.