Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: pedal box
pauladamss

posted on 19/3/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
pedal box

Has anyone fitted a obp kit car pedal box to there indy are they any good and how easy are they to fit.
karlak

posted on 19/3/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have just changed my original pedals for the OBP kit car pedals.

My Indy is was finished in 04 and the reason I say that is because perhaps newer ones have changed. The biggest problem was that the Pedals have a "flat" back to them to allow you to Butt up against the pedal bulkhead. However, my bulkhead was curved. I guess it could be bodged in place, but the guy doing the job for me would not be happy with that - so the bulkhead was cut back and a new piece of flat steel welded in place.

The other issue was that the floor of my car has quite a weak steel plate, so the pedal box would have flexed a bit. To get around this a new piece of tubular steel was welded in place. This stiffens the floor near the pedals very nicely.

A lot of work, but it really now is a quality job. Piccies below, not quite finished and tightened down, but you get the idea.

Pedal Box

Description
Description

Steel plate welded in place after original curved bulkhead removed

Description
Description

View from engine bay

Description
Description

And from in the car, the extra "brace" can be seen.

Description
Description

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

pauladamss

posted on 19/3/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
The bulkhead is flat on my indy so that would help, i havent put the pedals in yet so thought it would be a good idea to do it now rather than a year down the road as an upgrade.So you think its worth the hassle then?
thanks for the pics.

karlak

posted on 19/3/12 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pauladamss
The bulkhead is flat on my indy so that would help, i havent put the pedals in yet so thought it would be a good idea to do it now rather than a year down the road as an upgrade.So you think its worth the hassle then?
thanks for the pics.

I think it will be worth the hassle. Ofcourse the real proof will be in the testing when the car is back on the road. I am very pleased with how they look though

I also went from a cable clutch to a Hydraulic, so this was all part of the process really.

If you give OBP a call, they are very helpful.

[Edited on 19/3/12 by karlak]

pauladamss

posted on 20/3/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know if this would be ok for the iva?
loggyboy

posted on 20/3/12 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Does anyone know if this would be ok for the iva?

As long as the bias bar is rendered inoperable (lock wire or similar) and the note that it shouldnt be tampered with is shown (check manual for full wording) then they should be fine to pass.

scootz

posted on 20/3/12 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm really quite impressed with the quality of the OBP pedal boxes. Nice bits of kits.

It's Evolution Baby!

ChrisL

posted on 20/3/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
quote:
thanks for the pics.

I think it will be worth the hassle. Ofcourse the real proof will be in the testing when the car is back on the road. I am very pleased with how they look though

I also went from a cable clutch to a Hydraulic, so this was all part of the process really.

What did you use to get a hydraulic clutch? I've been toying with the idea of doing the same, along with ........

pauladamss

posted on 20/3/12 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
I might have to get myself some then.They look so much better than the pedals that come with the car.Would my brake lines screw straight into the master cylinders got a sierra one at the mo?
karlak

posted on 20/3/12 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
quote:
thanks for the pics.

What did you use to get a hydraulic clutch? I've been toying with the idea of doing the same, along with ........

I have used a Raceline Bellhousing (hydraulic version) and got a Mondeo V6 clutch cylinder. Not working yet, needs plumbing in, but it all fits and looks like it should work ok.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.