Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My new clutch pedal
James

posted on 11/7/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
My new clutch pedal

Posted a couple of questions about clutch pedal ratios a couple of weeks ago. Decided I'd show that I do sometimes achieve something on the car!

Old pedal at the top with fixed ratio of 3.5:1

New one at the bottom with adjustable ratio now set at 4.7:1 based on Roadster book dimensions.

Big aesthetic improvement too!

[img] Old and new
Old and new
[/img]

The old (upper) one used some old Robin Hood suspension bushes and tube that didn't fit their outer tube very well.

The new (bottom) one uses the same crush tube from the old pedal but I turned a new bush from a length of Delryn (sp?) I had lying around and pressed it into a new outer bush that I turned on BiL's lathe.
The pad surface is covered in Skateboard grip tape donated from my cousin's skateboard shop!

The pedal action is still a bit stiff but that's down to the cable. Hopefully going to replace that soon with a longer one. The current one is only 1m long so is a bit tight I think!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 11/7/12 by James]

[Edited on 11/7/12 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 12/7/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Contender for most exciting post ever?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.