Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New transaxle for mid engined BECs.
Hugh Jarce

posted on 13/9/04 at 05:41 AM Reply With Quote
New transaxle for mid engined BECs.

It's from the States, but we shouldn't hold that against it.
LINK

The pay isn't very good , but the work's hard.

kb58

posted on 13/9/04 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
I just called and asked about it... $4995, set up for the Hayabusa, brake disks shown in the picture are not included. It does have a Quaife LSD.

Sad it's so expensive...

[Edited on 13/9/04 by kb58]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 13/9/04 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I live close to them. I have dropped them an email to request more info and I'll get back to you. Maybe I can find the time to drop by their place and take a look at the hardware.

Steve

OK, I just read KB's edit and saw the price. If anyone wants me to still have a look I will. But at that price it better be titanium!

[Edited on 9/13/04 by sgraber]

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 13/9/04 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58
I just called and asked about it... $4995, set up for the Hayabusa, brake disks shown in the picture are not included. It does have a Quaife LSD.

Sad it's so expensive...

[Edited on 13/9/04 by kb58]

Yep, and sadly all it is, is just a diff really...
May or may not be great value.....but I prefer a LOT more stuff for 5k......like everything for the car AND change...

But, of course, I'm poor/mean....

kb58

posted on 13/9/04 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
And that's not the end of it. The differential output flanges are for the (apparently) common Porsche 930 CV pattern. So add on to that price all the axle parts. A shame.
Sven

posted on 13/9/04 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58
And that's not the end of it. The differential output flanges are for the (apparently) common Porsche 930 CV pattern. So add on to that price all the axle parts. A shame.

I'm obviously missing something, but what is the advantage of that over just buying the Quaife unit when the latter forms the internals anyhow. The Quaife unit itself is a fair old chunk of change too.

-Steve

Alan B

posted on 13/9/04 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I subscribe to Sandsports magazine...mainly for research and inspiration. This kind of stuff is very typical....nice but very pricey for what is, let's face it, just a toy.....

Interesting but definitely NOT locost....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.