Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rascal seats
ray.h.

posted on 25/1/05 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
rascal seats

Has anyone used rascal seats in their car and what mods needed to be done to fit them in?
Whats best,the high back ones or the ones with head restraints bearing in mind i want to use 4 point harnesses?
Anyone got any photo,s so i can see the finished article.
I,ve been offered two sets of seats for not much money but i,m not sure if its a viable option.
Cheers Ray

James

posted on 26/1/05 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ray,

There's atleast one picture in Bob's archive.

HTH,
James

ray.h.

posted on 26/1/05 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers. don,t they look big in there. Much too tall.I think the surgery might not be worth the effort but i,ll measure up the low back ones and see if they are any better, when i finaly get to look at them.
mandy69

posted on 26/1/05 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
for tight wads on a budget try using landrover seats especially from the series 3
ray.h.

posted on 26/1/05 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thats what my wife calls me.I suppose you could both be wrong
Mark Allanson

posted on 26/1/05 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I did try out Midi seats in the early stages, but 3 point belts made for a change. They fit fine in a car with a standard tranny tunnel (mine isn't) Rescued attachment RascalMidi Seat.JPG
Rescued attachment RascalMidi Seat.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

ray.h.

posted on 26/1/05 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at the rascal/midi highback seats,aren,t they too wide where the four point harnesses are supposed to be,would this fail SVA if the belts don,t run in a straight line from the anchors to your shoulders?
Lawnmower

posted on 26/1/05 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandy69
for tight wads on a budget try using landrover seats especially from the series 3

If you want to die in an ugly car then go ahead.

i am searching for a budget set of harness type seats for my landy, can pick em up from ~£50 on ebay. May need recovering though.

series land rover seats do not have harness/seat belts support- somewhere you need to buy the best you can afford, Ie fabricating a seat belt mounting point, or getting seats desinged with mounting positions in them.

ray.h.

posted on 27/1/05 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
I don,t fancy dieing in any kind of car,but i will look into landy seats.I was going to go down the road of bench back rest with two seat pads but thought proper seats would offer adjustment for different drivers and better comfort.My seat belt mounts are very well constructed and should fall in the correct areas for SVA.The top mounts are on the roll bar cross brace not directly to the seat? Like i said i have no wish to die yet, but i don,t want an ugly car either so i,m open to any suggestions that don,t involve £300 and a bad back every time you go out for a drive,I,ve had some experience of socalled racing/sport seats and unless you pay big bucks you will soon be very dissapointed with comfort levels.

Managed to see landy seats on ebay,certainly an option,basically just two seat pads. Anyone know the width/height etc?

[Edited on 27/1/05 by ray.h.]

Lawnmower

posted on 28/1/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ray.h.

Managed to see landy seats on ebay,certainly an option,basically just two seat pads. Anyone know the width/height etc?

I'll measure up tonight/tomorrow,
or check out
www.series-3.com

Lawnmower

posted on 30/1/05 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry late in replying.

quote:
Originally posted by ray.h.

On my seats(which are very tatty)

he backs are made of chipboard type stuff

BASE pretty much square
46cm (18' width.
depth at back of seat 8cm
depth at front of seat 11cm

BACK
44cm high
~48cm wide
8cm thick.
at the sides near the botom of the back cussions are brckets for bolts-mine hinge forward on this.

ray.h.

posted on 30/1/05 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
chears for that i,ll get out my tape measure and see what goes, thanks Ray...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.