Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade fuel pump / rad
unixguy

posted on 2/8/05 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
Fireblade fuel pump / rad

I need a fuel pump and radiator for my RRP Fireblade engine. What are the alternatives to the original Honda parts? [since these will probably be easier/cheaper to source :] Thanks.
Peteff

posted on 2/8/05 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Mk1 Micra radiator and most other bike fuel pumps will work. Don't get an injection pump if it's running carbs or vice versa, pressure problems.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

the_fbi

posted on 2/8/05 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
I picked up a cheap R1 pump with filter and nice rubber bracket from eBay cheaply which I hope will be perfect.

My only question is feeding it. Clearly a bike pump is normally external to the tank. What do the normal tanks from people like MK expect? An in-tank pump or do they have a small pipe take off from the bottom of the tank?

ta
Chris

MAB

posted on 2/8/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
The MK ali tanks have a tube inside from the bottom to the top - protruding approx 1 inch from the top. This tube is on the left hand side of the tank and makes it easy for mounting the external fuel pump on a plate or bracket at the bottom left of the rear chasis in line with the fuel tank.

The fuel pipe can then be fed from the ali tube on the top of the tank to your fuel filter and then pump etc. From here, it is fed to the front of the car etc.

The R1 and blade pumps are good suckers so won't have any problems with the tank fuel feed from the top.

Regards, Mark.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.