Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade loom
unixguy

posted on 13/8/05 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade loom

The three yellow wires that come from the rectifier on my loom do not have the male connector to mate with the female one from the alternator.. the wires are all the same so I don't know which wires should be connected to which.. or does it not matter? If it does matter, can anyone help me here? Thanks.
mak

posted on 13/8/05 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Unixguy

Yeah I had the same problem, my blade engine arrived with alot of connectors and cables hacked off! I am pretty certain that they can be connected in any order. Thats what most guys do and it works fine.

If there is a preffered order it would be a hassle to work out as all 3 wires are yellow.

But if anyone knows any different.....?

Mark

unixguy

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply, mak.

OK. So far, with the help of the Haynes manual, I have wired up my loom, although I don't think I've got it quite right.

What needs to be wired to the negative terminal? The way I have it, the only thing going there is the - wire from the starter.

Also, what needs to be bypassed for it to start? I have wired the side stand switch into the "up" position; what else?

So close! I can't wait to get the beast running :] I turned him over on the starter though >:]

mkblade

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
hi guys i wired up my blade engine ,you need to bypass the side stand ,clutch switch ,and if you have the loom with the pink wire that goes to the ecu you will need to put a resister in it to drop the voltage down otherwise you will not get a spark.
simon

unixguy

posted on 13/8/05 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have the bit from the handlebars that has the switches for the lights, horn etc. I think the clutch switch is on there? There is a switch with 3 settings: a circle, P and H. Is it one of those? Might as well use the switch if I can :]
ReMan

posted on 14/8/05 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unixguy
Thanks for the reply, mak.

OK. So far, with the help of the Haynes manual, I have wired up my loom, although I don't think I've got it quite right.

What needs to be wired to the negative terminal? The way I have it, the only thing going there is the - wire from the starter.
The wire to the starter is not negative its the positive feed even thogh its a black wire, this should come from the starter relay, with the big hex head screws
The hegative terminal of the battery should go to ground/earth/chassis/engine casing

Also, what needs to be bypassed for it to start? I have wired the side stand switch into the "up" position; what else?
Side stand. neutral and clutch switches can be disabeled by earthing the two light green and the light green/red wires from the ECU

So close! I can't wait to get the beast running :] I turned him over on the starter though
Not sure how you have done this, if as above the wire from the starter is not joined to the starter relay? >:]

Colin

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.