Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Now that I have my refund, a note of caution.
Browser

posted on 23/8/05 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Now that I have my refund, a note of caution.

To anyone considering the purchase of electronic goods from the internet, especially in-car DVD players, do NOT go anywhere near MNC Group!!!
They are happy enough to take your cash but when it comes to dealing with customers, forget it! They only have sales telephone lines, all other communications are done via e-mail (involving terrible use of grammar in their case) and deny that their "support" department even have a telephone (yeah, riiiight!).
A brief history:
We bought a Centurion incar DVD "plug in and play" package from them in May and the remote control was extremely sporadic in operation. Quite why you need a remote control in a car, when the player is 2 feet from you escapes me but there we go. We informed them and very switftly got a return number and an address to send it back to. The return address was Centurions' rather than MNC's (soft alarm bell starts to tinkle) and we had to pay the return postage which, according to the distance selling regulation we weren't liable for. After a month had passed we finally got our replacement. There are two remote signal pickups on the viewscreens and one on the player itself. A remote interface cable connects the LCD screens to the player, so that the remote handset can be pointed at the screens to control the player. This eliminates the need for the player to be in line-of-sight with the remote handset so it can be safely tucked out of 'lets-push-a-sweetie-in-here' range on the floor! The problem the first unit had was caused by this interface cable, according to the Centurion Technical Support line. Their 'repair' was to modify the instruction sheet sent with the replacement player so that the interface cable was left unplugged. This meant that the player had to be in line-of-sight with the remote handset, rendering the whole system much less user-friendly.
We decided we didn't like the thing any more as it seemed shoddy and unfit for purpose, so we used the 7 day cooling-off period allowed by the distance selling regs and ask for a refund, the day after we received the replacement. Two months have passed with a stack of e-mails to show for it. Finally, we got on to the credit card company who looked at all of the correspondence, told us we had given them sufficient notice and said they would refund us if MNC hadn't by the 22nd of August (30 days after our refund request). Called the card company today and we have our money back.
I am peeved as this was meant to be a treat for the kids and turned into a major pain, I am also a little bit miffed that I didn't get the chance to take these muppets to court but I am thankful we have our £250 back. I'll be sticking to Amazon from now on! :eek:

Paul (Notts)

posted on 23/8/05 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Never had any problems with amazon

One faulty item and a replacment arrive before I hab put the faulty item back in the post !!!!!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/8/05 at 02:54 AM Reply With Quote
Ive had problems too with MNC group,ordered a reversing camera system for a minibus,was sent a reversing distance sensor insteadrang up the sales department to ask why I ordered and paid for a £300 camera system,why had I been sent a £49.99 reversing distance sensor,in fact I had seen the same system in aldi of all places for £14.99,I was told it was nothing to do with them now I would have to E mail there customer sevices,after 2mths and many Emails,I was refunded and told I should never have been sold the item in the first place as it was no longer an item they soldthey had sent me the other item as it was the replacement item,its so anoying when they can take your money with a two minute phone call,but it takes two month of emails to get a refund ,I will not be dealing with MNC again.
the JoKeR

posted on 24/8/05 at 04:02 AM Reply With Quote
It's a good lesson for others - always pay by credit card for online purchases, and whenever possible for standard purchases. A friend recently had an engine replaced in his car. It lasted about 100 miles before lots of trouble started. The garage refused to do anything about it, even though they provided a "warranty" on it. A call to the card company later, and their threat to pull the funds back was enough to get the engine fixed.

Jeff
http://www.midwestwelding.com
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/

Browser

posted on 24/8/05 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Ive had problems too with MNC group,ordered a reversing camera system for a minibus,was sent a reversing distance sensor insteadrang up the sales department to ask why I ordered and paid for a £300 camera system,why had I been sent a £49.99 reversing distance sensor,in fact I had seen the same system in aldi of all places for £14.99,I was told it was nothing to do with them now I would have to E mail there customer sevices,after 2mths and many Emails,I was refunded and told I should never have been sold the item in the first place as it was no longer an item they soldthey had sent me the other item as it was the replacement item,its so anoying when they can take your money with a two minute phone call,but it takes two month of emails to get a refund ,I will not be dealing with MNC again.

Nice to know (in one way) that I wasn't alone. Did you get the feeling when dealing with them that they were just hoping you'd go away and stop trying to get what was legally yours?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.