Uprights proposal

found these uprights

uprights 1
uprights 1

uprights 2
uprights 2

uprights 3
uprights 3

these bolts are just for takeing a pic...

I think to go with these ... but uper whish bone should be simetrical because the uper and down hole for ball joint are in line...

any sugestion ... should I make some adaptor the distance from up to down ball joint mounting position is 145mm (5.7in)

Tarzan English with foreign accent!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 5/4/06 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
look like lada parts?,ask alfasudsprint,he is using lada running gear

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Mad Dave

posted on 5/4/06 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I think to go with these ... but uper whish bone should be simetrical because the uper and down hole for ball joint are in line...

You still need to create some caster angle!

Dutchman

posted on 5/4/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it is lada parts ... very cheap and can be bought new from the shop

??? what is the castor angle ... I was thinking to use book chassis mounting points for whishbones...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman
Yes it is lada parts ... very cheap and can be bought new from the shop

??? what is the castor angle ... I was thinking to use book chassis mounting points for whishbones...

Most racecars run 3 degress, production 5-6 degrees. 5 is probably about right

britishtrident

posted on 5/4/06 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
The way they are bolted together is for rear streer -- swapping the arms over side to side should fix this however the steering arms look very long compared to Cortina units.

Might be best to fabricate new steering arms and use rose joints (sperical rod end bearings).

Lippoman

posted on 6/4/06 at 05:59 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone have the dimensions and weight for the Lada uprights?
They are dirt cheap, and the modular build should make it "simple" to alter brakes, steering arm, etc.

Cousin Cleotis

posted on 6/4/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Fiat vented disks fit the lada hubs without any mods, just need adapters for calipers, and calipers.

i dont know why no kit cars used ladas as a donor, wishbone front suspension, 5 linked live axle, tuneable engine.

thousands of possible donors have been crushed, a riva would have cost about the same as pair of cortina uprights.

My lada, 8000miles from new, stored last 14 years, 500 mile round trip the same week i put it on the road.

Paul

[Edited on 6/4/06 by Cousin Cleotis]

Dutchman

posted on 7/4/06 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
I will make a drawing with all measurements or something like that tonight ...

found the blueprints of Cortina uprights so I think that I will start making whishbones from monday on ...

One more question from witch car do U use metalistic bush ... so far the smalest one that I found is from Renault 5 (diametar 32mm, hole 12mm and 36mm in lenght)

Marcus

posted on 7/4/06 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Metalastic bushes from Triumph Spitfire or Herald.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

Dutchman

posted on 10/4/06 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
lada uprights
lada uprights

the balljoint is 17mm conus hole

NS Dev

posted on 10/4/06 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman
I will make a drawing with all measurements or something like that tonight ...

found the blueprints of Cortina uprights so I think that I will start making whishbones from monday on ...

One more question from witch car do U use metalistic bush ... so far the smalest one that I found is from Renault 5 (diametar 32mm, hole 12mm and 36mm in lenght)

In your country I would say use whatever you can find that looks right. Certainly the Renault one sounds like it will do the trick.

Obviously you will have to make the suspension components to fit whatever bush you use, but there's no need to use the triumph bushes, most UK builders don't use them anyway now, most use polyurethane bushes similar in size to your renault ones.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Dutchman

posted on 11/4/06 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I already order a pipe section to be done on lathe for that metalistic bush .. I tought about poly bush , but I'm making a car for road so rubber is more flexible and soft ... if ever the racing series start here we will change...

new question ....

can rose joint replace the uper ball joint ... of course with some adaptor ect. , I mean in sense of strenght and durability.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.