Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone know what this is?
suparuss

posted on 11/12/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
anyone know what this is?

further to my ignorance of old skool pipe fittings im trying to find out what this is-
the outside diamter is 11.7mm and the threads are roughly 1mm pitch. there are 13 threads over the 12.5mm of thread.
it is the clutch pipe going to the slave cylinder on my audi gearbox.

Description
Description

cheers,

Russ.

[Edited on 11/12/06 by suparuss]

russbost

posted on 11/12/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
It's a fairly standard brake & clutch thread & is IIRC 12x1.0. You should be able to buy a union from any accessory shop to sheck this - it's the next size up from the standard brake union fitting of 10mm.
Hope this helps

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Alan B

posted on 11/12/06 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed...M12x1.0 is my guess too
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
suparuss

posted on 11/12/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
bugger. would be the one thing they dont have at rally design, merlin, burton or demon tweeks! only thing i can find is for copper pipe.
ill see if i can crimp my euroquip hose onto the old connector.

cheers for the help!

RUss.

MikeRJ

posted on 11/12/06 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
You could perhaps use a short length of copper brake pipe to adapt the M12 fitting to something else? (as long as the pipe is supported adequately to prevent it flexing).

RD definately do fittings for M12 for copper tubing.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.