Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: are flame spitting exhausts ok for sva?
blakep82

posted on 18/1/08 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
are flame spitting exhausts ok for sva?

lol i doubt it, but how could i make my engine spit flames?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

UncleFista

posted on 18/1/08 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Chavtastic

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

blakep82

posted on 18/1/08 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
oh god no! the proper hardcore tuned way!

[Edited on 18/1/08 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Jon Ison

posted on 18/1/08 at 01:48 AM Reply With Quote
mine does on overun.
Simon

posted on 18/1/08 at 02:04 AM Reply With Quote
I think I might inject neat diesel into my exhausts just downwind of turbos!

What do you reckon, bit of pipe wrapped around the exhaust (to preheat the diesel) before injectors. What pressure?

I'm gonna go for the Red Arrows effect

So I'll need red, white and blue diesel. Trouble is I only have two exhausts.

ATB

Simon

speedyxjs

posted on 18/1/08 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I think I might inject neat diesel into my exhausts just downwind of turbos!

What do you reckon, bit of pipe wrapped around the exhaust (to preheat the diesel) before injectors. What pressure?

I'm gonna go for the Red Arrows effect

So I'll need red, white and blue diesel. Trouble is I only have two exhausts.

ATB

Simon

Well red deisel shouldnt be too hard to come by

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

RazMan

posted on 18/1/08 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
I was messing about with the mapping on my old 200SX and that started to blow out 3 foot flames on the overrun at one point!
I think it was all in the fuel map, probably 'forgetting' to turn it off when the throttle is snapped shut, allowing unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
The chavtastic way is the easiest (ie secondary fuel pump and a spark plug in the exhaust).

The non-chavy way is to dump stupid amounts of fuel into the engine @ idle, you'll wash your bores within a few miles but it'll look good everytime you back off until then....

I'd imagine the main problem with either of these is that @ SVA it'll screw up your emissions....

onzarob

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
They use a system of dumping fuel into the exhaust for keeping the turbo spinnig on WRC rally cars, hence the flames

But when going through the Scrutineers its switch off

I would say frying the legs of pedestrians is a safety hazard

Howlor

posted on 18/1/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yep but with an antilag you need some serious exhaust valves and a good turbo as the heat is tremendous.

Steve

Kriss

posted on 18/1/08 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
My mate who is Building a Mega Busa also has an Evo9 with MOTEC, Evo400 Turbo, decat, downpipe, Magnex etc etc etc and the flames, pops and bangs are amazing!

oh and launch control!

roadboy

posted on 18/1/08 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just leave the fuelling on during overrun & it will belch flame. For SVA turn the fuelling off on overrun.
Regds
Ian

Jude Performance Services

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 18/1/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
lol this makes me laugh!

many years ago I went out for a run in a 4x4 "seven" may have been an early dax but I think it was a seriously modified pre-lit westfield chassis actually!

It was fitted with an ex andy-rouse RS500 touring car motor, with a ceramic turbo and an early anti-lag system (as the T4 turbo wasn't the easiest to live with in a light car.

You could switch the anti lag in and out by a switch on the dash, and it worked using a bosch barrel type idle air control valve to bypass the throttle (another one on top of the std bypass valve) whilst firing 4 of the eight injectors and retarding the ignition dramatically.

The REALLY fun bit was that the side exhaust used to a) blow apart pretty regularly and B) flamethrow over oncoming cars and pedestrians on narrow streets (rh side exhaust remember!)

usually he turned it off in town but one day had some "fun" making people jump about on the pavement.

Mind, he was also the chap that used to drive the car around the roads in summer on avon full slicks, which says it all really!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

blakep82

posted on 18/1/08 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
he he, yeah, i just want to be able to do it. looks cool. not to use all the time though. be using carbs and megajolt. no turbos... yet

thomas4age

posted on 18/1/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I can make my 4age spit flames on demand when running around town,
accelrate to everything above 5000rpm and slowly let go of the throttle at about every 500rpm drop in revs a big dull bang comes together with yellow/orange flames on the sharp pops the flames are blue and look like a thunderstorm on the buildings surrounding the road...... thise are not to be mistaken for the police tollbooths

grtz Thomas

[Edited on 18/1/08 by thomas4age]

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

Schrodinger

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
If you are just running a bit rich just let some air into the exhaust will do it.

Keith
Aviemore

Mark G

posted on 19/1/08 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
my old skyline used to light up the road on dark nights when changing gear at high revs.

I got told off once cos a guy at work saw me out on the road so drove up real close behind me (as you do), I saw him so dropped it to 2nd gear and nailed the loud pedal (as you do) and he said the flames came up over his bonnet!!! He wasn't too happy about that to say the least.

blakep82

posted on 19/1/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
what if i was to have mega jolt firing spark the spark plugs really late (like when the exhaust valves are open) at high revs with no throttle?! that and running carbs

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.