Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bodywork suggestions
grassracer

posted on 16/6/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Bodywork suggestions

Does anyone know where I can purchase bodywork similar to the global gt lights style of full bodywork. I'm looking at a single seater hillclimb/sprint car, chassis building is not a problem but I don't fancy doing all the fibreglass myself
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/6/08 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Obvious question is why not just buy the standard bodywork and fit lights to it?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 16/6/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Spire sportscars might sell you the body without their chassis - worth a call. Might feel a little roomy with only a single seat but looks rather cozy with two so might be ok.

http://www.spiresportscars.co.uk/

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/276/276picgallery.htm

Some of the 750mc car owners have pulled bodies out of their personal moulds in the past, but you'd need to turn up at a meeting and do the hard buy with an owner who's body you fancied (ooer )

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Taylor R1

posted on 16/6/08 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look here. He may be able to help.

http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk/

procomp

posted on 17/6/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i know where there are moulds for this.

body moulds brought by procomp. Moulds now FOR SALE.
body moulds brought by procomp. Moulds now FOR SALE.
[/img]

A bit unique in as much as it can be built as either a front engined RWD. Or as a rear transverce with car engine. Or front engined RWD or rear engined with a bike engine.

Only thing is it dose not lend it's self to a single seater setup due to its width compared to say a global light Ect.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 17/6/08 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't that the Westfield thing?
procomp

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi yep it was the Westfield SS ( super sport ).

We brought the moulds then sold them. Then brought them again. And now the moulds are for sale again. The one and only original car is still in Ireland i belive.

Cheers matt

Guinness

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Matt

How much are you hoping to get for the moulds?

u2u me if you want!

Cheers

Mike

procomp

posted on 18/6/08 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i have replied to all U2U's.

Cheers Matt

grassracer

posted on 19/6/08 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Look at that I don't keep an eye on my posts for a day or so and you're all trying to gazump me.....cheers guys!!!
Another U2U for you Mr Procomp!!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.