Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rally Design Hydra-Mechanical Rear Calipers
JEPY

posted on 2/8/08 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Rally Design Hydra-Mechanical Rear Calipers

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've done anything with the Indy build because I've been doing diy/house stuff.

Anyway, to the point. Got back onto it today and re-fitted the diff and the drive shafts and pressed the hub carrier and hub onto the end of the shaft. Then I went to fit the bracket and caliper and saw that the caliper interfered with the top of the MK fabricated upright.

I was orginally going to put drums on the back, but then saw the Rally design Sierra hydra-mechanical calipers and disc conversion.

Should this fit? I tried sandwiching the caliper bracket between the hub carrier and on the outside, inverting it etc. I might have missed something but my brain is addled after last night out on the beer.

Anyone else got this setup? Do I need to MK disc uprights instead?

[Edited on 2/8/08 by JEPY] Rescued attachment Rear hub assy_small.JPG
Rescued attachment Rear hub assy_small.JPG

3GEComponents

posted on 2/8/08 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
It may just be a case of getting MK disc uprights, if they are the same style as the Haynes Roadster, they will be rotated 90° from what you have.

Having had a bit of experence with the Rally Design caliper it does have the hose union in the worst place you could imagine. If the dimension from the centre of the drive shaft to the outside of the upright, where the caliper is to go, is any thing more than 2-1/4" it is going to be very tight.

Hope that all makes sense.

ATB

John

JEPY

posted on 2/8/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
John

That makes perfect sense - the caliper does look like it should be 90 degrees round from where would mount on the existing setup. Just wondered if anyone knows of any other brackets available or had any made up?

J

james h

posted on 2/8/08 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
MK have different rear uprights for discs and drums. On the disc upright, there is a cutout to the rear on the shoulder of the upright, to allow for the calipers to fit.
(this is the nearside of the car)
Rear nearside upright
Rear nearside upright

james h

posted on 2/8/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
John , when you fitted the calipers, did you need a spacer between the caliper and the hub? When I offer my rally design calipers up with the original sierra discs on, the discs seem to be a good 1-2cm out

James

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.