Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2004
I.S.M

posted on 12/1/04 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote

All

Out of interest anyone had their car on the rollers for the forthcoming season?

The JPS has had a makeover......
Night rider

Jamie Robinson
ARDS Circuit Driving Instruction
www.jamie-robinson.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DickieB

posted on 13/1/04 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Jamie
Good effort - smart looking car. Not managed the rollers yet, in fact the front half still has no wheels suspension steering etc (not to mention engine nor gearbox). Hope to rectify all the above in the next week or so - it's just a question of bolting the bits on. Then hope to find a rolling road.

Anyone got Pete Baldwin's number?
Dickie

[Edited on 13/1/04 by DickieB]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I.S.M

posted on 17/1/04 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
If nothing else, it does look good. I am now fully registered etc - No 26. Also entered for Mallory 750MC test day, can anyone tell me what the crack is here.......is it batches of Locosts/RGB etc.
Thanks in advance.

Jamie Robinson
www.jamie-robinson.com

DickieB

posted on 18/1/04 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mallory is usually in 3 batches:

1. Locosts, kit cars, sports & GT
2. Hatches and other lunatics
3. Single seaters various

Scruitineers are on hand to check your car over if you wish, and the scales are available to weigh it.

I.S.M

posted on 18/1/04 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Richard. i really should have just emailed all these questions, might have been easier. Cheers.

Jamie Robinson
www.jamie-robinson.com

Richard Jenkins

posted on 18/1/04 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Jamie,

I think it's good to ask these questions and get the replies on the forum - in fact isn't the whole point of the forum to share the information?

Nice looking car BTW, and interesting that no-one has replied to your original question (shades of F1 intrigue?)

From previous posts I've seen 90 bhp seems to be the number to look for.

RJ

I.S.M

posted on 18/1/04 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose your right richard. I am looking forward to utting names to faces around the paddock-in this my maiden season.

90BHP!!!!!!!! they re only 70 out of the crate! (wind up)

Jamie Robinson
www.jamie-robinson.com

DickieB

posted on 19/1/04 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Richard

I answered his original question! Albeit with a negative answer....
One well known engine builder in the Locost arena gives the following answer when asked about power output, "Enough to win races".

As for putting names to faces:

Not my best photo, but the only one of me on my website! The car looks like my avatar, and I'm still number 71 for this year.

And one for you Jamie:

Dickie
http://www.TeamDickie.co.uk

[Edited on 19/1/04 by DickieB]

[Edited on 19/1/04 by DickieB]

I.S.M

posted on 20/1/04 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Is that novice cross staying on then Dickie.........!

How do you get on with your rear lights being wing mounted-or is it that you pass em soooo quick they dont get tagged by anyone?

Jamie Robinson
www.jamie-robinson.com

DickieB

posted on 20/1/04 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Lights on rear wing have been fine so far - not been hit from behind yet. I know some put them on the main tub, but then they seem to stick out rearwards slightly more. 6 of 1, 1/2 a dozen of the other I think....

Novice X will be off once I can snaffle the wife's hairdryer without her noticing!
Dickie

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.