Board logo

Anyone recognise this track then?
embraboy - 11/1/10 at 09:02 PM

Just back from my hols. Does anyone recognise this track that I managed to drive....

zilspeed - 11/1/10 at 09:05 PM

Mount panorama ?
AKA Bathurst ?

keith777 - 11/1/10 at 09:05 PM

Is it bathurst ?

hicost blade - 11/1/10 at 09:06 PM

^^ damn it too late

gordon h - 11/1/10 at 09:06 PM

bathurst i think

matt.c - 11/1/10 at 09:08 PM

Great track aint it!! You dont relise untill you drive it how steep it is!!

Went blasting down conrod straight V8 supercars style to find after i had done it a speed camera!!

embraboy - 11/1/10 at 09:30 PM

Gold Stars all round - Mount Panorama at Bathurst,

Surreal experience as it's a public rood - you simply drive along and all of a sudden you're under a gantry and turning onto the Pit Straight -no barrier, no fees, no restrictions.

As a public road there are houses just off the track with driveways opening into gaps in the barriers and it's also a two way road!! No taking the racing line through the twisties since you get people coming the other way. I also passed a couple of cyclists on one lap.

Speed limit round the track is 60km/h - and the Esses and The Dipper are bad enough at that speed - it really is very steep - it must be awesome in a V8 supercar...

[Edited on 11/1/10 by embraboy]

blakep82 - 11/1/10 at 11:38 PM

is it hockenheim? its hockenheim innit?
(couldn't have EVERYONE get it right)

MikeRJ - 11/1/10 at 11:57 PM

I recognised it from a really good video of an Elise race series at Bathhurst with some bloke absolutely charging through through the field.

iank - 12/1/10 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I recognised it from a really good video of an Elise race series at Bathhurst with some bloke absolutely charging through through the field.

Nice work, everyone seems very civilised, skilful and to be looking in their mirrors. His rate of progress is more understandable if you struggle through the youtuber comments and find he's in a exige cup car against the elises.

skibikejohn - 12/1/10 at 12:10 AM

definitely Bathurst, Mount Panorama

Ninehigh - 12/1/10 at 05:39 AM

That last pic put me in the mind of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, apart from the background that is...

oldtimer - 12/1/10 at 08:02 AM

Nice gum trees.

procomp - 12/1/10 at 10:31 AM

I have a passion for that place and the V8 supercars. And this years Well the 2009 anyhow race had a fantastic finish over the last few laps.

Linky

Cheers Matt