Board logo

NEW TO THIS
baldeagle - 2/6/08 at 08:32 AM

Been looking around now for ages at kits, looking to buy one this year but not sure which one to go for.
Short listed, mk, mac1, mnr, but im also lookingish for a second hand one just to get me on the road so to speak.
Any ones not to go for.?

donut - 2/6/08 at 08:42 AM

Hi and welcome.

The 3 you have listed are all great cars and you won't be dissapointed.

I enjoyed building my cars more than driving them so do look at a build as it's great fun and you learn alot.

Also if you haven't already, get to a show and sit in as many cars as you ca or go to a meet locally and blag a ride.

Cars not to go for.....hmmmm.... can of worms that one!!

baldeagle - 2/6/08 at 08:45 AM

Andy,

I went to stoneleigh had a good look round.

Think the next one is newark.

might go and ask for a ride in a few kits there

Shaun

Mr Whippy - 2/6/08 at 08:46 AM

put where your located and folk can see if there is a meeting near by. Try and get a shot in the cars before you decide and try both a BEC and CEC.

If not really interested in building then I'd recommend a second hand car, it can take a very long time to finish one

mookaloid - 2/6/08 at 08:49 AM

Description
Description

fesycresy - 2/6/08 at 08:51 AM

Seen this ?

mac#1 for sale

mac#1 (mark and colin) are very helpful, you could buy this for the summer and order a chassis to build over the winter.

[Edited on 2/6/08 by fesycresy]

baldeagle - 2/6/08 at 09:07 AM

ye looked but no way can i afford that, looks fantastic.

So bec is bike engine car

cec is car engine car am getting jist now, lol.

[Edited on 2/6/08 by baldeagle]

ewan - 2/6/08 at 09:12 AM

My suggestion would be to go to Newark and speak to Mark & Colin, when i was looking for a kit I had the same 3 cars in mind.

Spoke to all 3 at Neward and was given so much encouragement from Mac 1 that I bought the kit, and have never looked back. They are always on the other end of a phone when you get stuck (and you will).

Good luck with your choice.

baldeagle - 2/6/08 at 03:36 PM

might just do that, are all 3 going to newark do you know?