Board logo

My deepest Apologies!!
jdgar - 20/10/06 at 11:44 PM

It seems that in my inexperience with this list I inadvertently posted a topic that was meant for 'Mad House'. I am very sorry for any turmoil, or upset I might have caused; and I can completly understand the importance of posting to the proper area.

Again, my most humble apology.
I hope I haven't ruined my reputation on the list, despite being somewhat ignorant of how to post to the individual sections of the forum. (which I think I understand now!)
Thanks for you patience.
Joe Garrison

gazza285 - 20/10/06 at 11:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.

Is that your heap o' rust Spitfire?

jdgar - 21/10/06 at 12:24 AM

Gazza;
Yes. I had a lot of fun with it. The painjob attracted some attention though. I sold it just a bit ago. Hated to sell, but needed to.
Thanks
Joe
Central Oklahoma, USA

StevenB - 21/10/06 at 01:04 AM

Hi...love the paint job.

How fantastically politically incorrect...

Should have been factory spec...

Chocs away ginger....

s

jdgar - 21/10/06 at 01:21 AM

Steven
Thats funny, I called the car 'Biggles' Seemed to fit.

Hellfire - 21/10/06 at 07:48 AM

There's really no need to apologise. All you did by the sound of it was to post a topic in the wrong section, it's hardly a crime. (To most people on here at least )

There are however a few pedantic and dictatorial members on this forum (as with most I guess), just wait until you spell something wrong........ they'll all come out of the woodwork then

Best thing to do is just ignore them. They soon go away.

Phil

[Edited on 21-10-06 by Hellfire]

Peteff - 21/10/06 at 08:36 AM

Never, like the bike engine forwarding factor they are here to stay and whatever you do, don't try to sell anything in the For Sale section until you have at least 500 posts to your credit

StevieB - 21/10/06 at 11:44 AM

And for god's sake don't try and retort to any comments - it just goes downhill rapidly!

There should be a pedantic git forum so they can all pick on each other in a special safe zone!

JoelP - 21/10/06 at 01:02 PM

that post sounded remarkably like english humour to me, i didnt think americans did sarcasm that well?! lol

Anyway, it was a good joke. Just be glad that the server didnt blow up

Peteff - 21/10/06 at 04:22 PM

Neither did I, but I've always admired their handling of irony.