Board logo

Furore F1 passed SVA today!
russbost - 5/1/09 at 06:27 PM

Long long overdue, but finally I've got the first of the production Furores built & sailed thro' it's retest today (didn't even have to take it off the trailer!) - I think he was more interested in getting back in his warm office!
[img]http:// SVA Pass!!!
SVA Pass!!!
[/img]

Had fun getting back up the drive on my return home tho'!!

Mr Whippy - 5/1/09 at 06:29 PM

Congratulations

does look a mean b£st£rd of a thing! thats for sure

but why no front spoiler? I though that would have kept the SVA guys hands off the suspension, won't it pass with it on?

needs a plastic windscreen too btw

[Edited on 5/1/09 by Mr Whippy]

MK chippy - 5/1/09 at 06:32 PM

looks awesome! Nice 1!

I take it that a front wing will fall into place now?!

Dave

Stuart_B - 5/1/09 at 06:35 PM

that looks great, well done on the pass.

stuart

russbost - 5/1/09 at 06:37 PM

I simply ran out of time to get the wing fitted, I don't think it will make the slightest difference to SVA/IVA - the "old"car passed with it on (tho' I will admit it "grew" afterwards!)

Couple more pics from the SVA centre - sorry about the quality it was really dark!
[img]
[/img]

[Edited on 5/1/09 by russbost]

Mark G - 5/1/09 at 07:55 PM

Congratulations, looks great.

GeorgeM - 5/1/09 at 08:20 PM

Nicet to see it done Russ, won't be
too far behind now.

see you soon

GeorgeM

stuart_g - 5/1/09 at 08:36 PM

That looks wicked, well done.

Johneturbo - 5/1/09 at 10:13 PM

Nice to see something different on the roads.
well done with the pass

whitestu - 5/1/09 at 10:32 PM

Well done - it looks great!

Stu

YQUSTA - 5/1/09 at 10:51 PM

well done on the pass

Mr Whippy - 6/1/09 at 09:20 AM

Looks good but you should post more pictures once the front wing is on. Preferred the original wheel arch design more tbh and it would be nice if you built the kind of airscoops for brakes that the real F1 cars have into them. Rear spoiler looks a bit open from the back, think it needs another wing in there to look convincing. Apart from that it looks great, would suite some nice restrained gold stripes too.

Gakes - 6/1/09 at 12:20 PM

Looks great!!!! awesome build!
Now just add some stickers and it be perfect.

Congrads again

Fred W B - 6/1/09 at 12:21 PM

Well done Russ

I also thought the wheel arches don't do it any favours. Bit my tongue at first, but now that whippy has mentioned it as well.

I think that some arches with short side flanges, with corner radiuses the same as the edge of the nose, would look good.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 6/1/09 by Fred W B]

russbost - 6/1/09 at 01:16 PM

The wheel arches are temporary, just ali sheet with edging, I now have extra wide "proper" cycle wings for any builders, I also have another "blade" to go in the rear wing moulded from a genuine F1 item! The car is far from finished yet, I've just started making the buck for the front half of the "airbox" which covers the passenger seat when not in use.

carpmart - 6/1/09 at 03:05 PM

Top job Russ!

Fred W B - 6/1/09 at 05:20 PM

quote:

The wheel arches are temporary

Ah, then please ignore my comment, should have guessed that really.

Cheers

Fred W B

pocket rocket - 7/1/09 at 08:49 PM

well done - it looks great...
really fancy one for my next project

Bitten hero - 11/1/09 at 01:59 PM

Hi russ, well done , been a bit going on as you know my end but thats given me the boot up the backside to finish the first bike engined one!! cannot wait to get a ride in the version i have .well done again . gary.

Gakes - 14/1/09 at 06:55 AM

Love your project, pls post more pics!!!