Board logo

Some more xO500 pics
Gakes - 5/2/11 at 09:18 PM

Some photos of my xO500

Xtreme Kermit - 5/2/11 at 09:24 PM

Mmmmm shiiiny

SeaBass - 5/2/11 at 09:54 PM

Coolio. How are the loads fed into the rear coilovers? They're at a very shallow angle?

computid - 5/2/11 at 11:29 PM

That. Looks. So. Cool.

I want to build one now...

MakeEverything - 5/2/11 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Coolio. How are the loads fed into the rear coilovers? They're at a very shallow angle?

I noticed that, but then both the wishbones are mounted low as well, so the travel is in the right direction for the coilover.

Gakes - 6/2/11 at 07:13 AM

Thanks for the comments gents.

quote:

quote: Originally posted by SeaBass Coolio. How are the loads fed into the rear coilovers? They're at a very shallow angle?

quote:

I noticed that, but then both the wishbones are mounted low as well, so the travel is in the right direction for the coilover.

True, the coilovers I used on this car has a high spring rate, so I had to increase the angle to up the load on the springs.

Confused but excited. - 6/2/11 at 10:54 AM

Love it!

coyoteboy - 8/2/11 at 04:37 PM

What engine? What power? What weight? How tail happy is it? More more more!

Gakes - 8/2/11 at 06:31 PM

lol, this car has a VW MK2 Gti engine 1800 8valve with a 288 cam (about 87kW), it feels like a turbo car when the second stage kicks in and you feel a nice boost of power. The others I make get a VW 2L 8v ABF engine with optional mods. I'm hoping to fit a VR6 engine to this car some time during the year, purely for sound to add to the experience

The weight is roughly 500kg, one car we made to use a BUSA engine is projected to weigh +-400kg with lotsa lightweight bits.

Its not very tail happy, I can spin the wheels out but can feel it grips and keeps moving forward. Sideways drift is surprisingly very controllable I've noticed, so its lots of fun going around bends

MakeEverything - 8/2/11 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GakesSideways drift is surprisingly very controllable I've noticed, so its lots of fun going around bends

The joys of Mid-Engine.