Board logo

grp seats off Eblag
goaty - 20/12/08 at 10:04 AM

Hi,
anyone bought some of these seats??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270317488161&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

just wondering if they are comfy enough??
Look just like mk/tritons but alot cheaper.
anyone knwo more??
cheers

eznfrank - 20/12/08 at 10:34 AM

Not sure if this is the case here but i think alot of these type of seats come from the same mould. I bought some of a guy on the bay (not this seller) and he openly told me that his were taken from a mould he made of an mk seat which he then modified a bit.

Lars - 20/12/08 at 10:52 AM

THey look exactly the same as my tritons.

austin man - 20/12/08 at 11:09 AM

has any one taken the time to ask the seller ????

I have seen his adverts for months and months and his feedback remains good the comments on the seats state they are excellent.

austin man - 20/12/08 at 11:09 AM

has any one taken the time to ask the seller ????

I have seen his adverts for months and months and his feedback remains good the comments on the seats state they are excellent.

russbost - 20/12/08 at 11:15 AM

They are the seats I use in the Furore, they are very similar to the MK ones, but not identical, I find them a bit tight across the shoulders (& I am not the biggest bloke around - I only weigh around 10 stone) I always stretch them slightly by leaving them "jacked open" across the width at the top.
I can do them a fraction cheaper, but only by a fiver & I won't have more stock until around end Jan, so if you're in a hurry for them I'd say buy off ebay.
They are good quality & cheap at the price.

Triton - 20/12/08 at 11:46 AM

This has come before and no they are not my seats and not from my moulds either. The slots in all my seats are moulded in rather than cut out and the second skin is laminated on while seat shell is still on the mould to ensure they are all the same shape, making the seats like this stops them flexing unlike others I have seen.

Triton seats are not the cheapest I admit, but not the most expensive either.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark G - 20/12/08 at 02:36 PM

I can vouch for Triton's seats. I've got a pair and they are very rigid and surprisingly comfortable. When you take into account that this is your main point of contact with the car it is worth spending the money and making sure you're comfotable and not falling out in the corners.

Mark.

goaty - 20/12/08 at 07:56 PM

yeah seller doesn't no the manufacturer. He even dropped the price by 20 when i asked.
Not sure though, dont want to be disappointed.

Triton - 20/12/08 at 08:16 PM

I make everything I sell myself so easy to accomodate different colours, adding extra slots as well as having them side mounted if preffered.
I might waffle on a bit a talk a load of gobbledegook but make nice things in fibreglass...

roadrunner - 20/12/08 at 08:18 PM

How much are yours Mark, if i get my job back at Atlas caravans soon i might want a pair come march.
Brad.

Triton - 20/12/08 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
How much are yours Mark, if i get my job back at Atlas caravans soon i might want a pair come march.
Brad.

Good luck with the job.
low and high side seats are £220 posted
Cheers, Mark

pocket rocket - 20/12/08 at 11:22 PM

I recieved my high sided triton seats early this week and they are great, very comfy (there not in the car, i just spent the evening sat in them in front of the tv ha ha)
big thumbs up...
remember...'you bye cheap, you bye twice'

RK - 21/12/08 at 02:22 AM

I haven't driven my car yet more than around the block (you didn't read that...) but my seats seem very comfortable. Triton/Mark is the easiest guy in the world to deal with. And I buy a lot of stuff of Fleabay too.

goaty - 21/12/08 at 09:39 AM

now much more would it cost for an extra slot in the base for a 5 point harness??
and how does everyone go about mounting them?? i could see it being a long and annoying process.
cheers again

ps, lloks like i will be buying triton

dhutch - 20/2/09 at 12:56 PM

Im interested in this.
- I need to buy some seats in the next few weeks.

Ive had a look at a few; Triton (£220), JK comp (£190), Playscool (£199). But also as posted by the OP the ebay sellers 'fred carbon' and 'tombob' seat's which are £180 and £170 respectivly.

I spoke to fred about his seats via email and he said that he makes the playskool seats and that they come of the same mould.
- Ofcause i have no way of backing this up with any other knowlage. But it doesnt suprise me too much that theres some commonality.

MKs seats are a little wider (410ish, rather than 390ish) so wont fit.

The Triton seats do look nice (as do the JK seats) Im just wondering how much diffrence there is in the shape you actaully sit in, and whether its advisable sit in each and pick the one that suits me the best. Although i dont know how i would do that this side of Stoneleigh!
- Also nice to have the four corner mounting points on the base, resessed so you can fit runners, without having to faff with bracks like on the JK seats

Price for the Standard HighSide seats from Triton is £195 without postage.

Just waiting for it t be organised by someone really.

Daniel

[Edited on 20/2/2009 by dhutch]

dhutch - 11/3/09 at 03:21 PM

Just to say, i received a pair of of the GRP seats sold on ebay by fredcarbonbmw yesterday.
- I will post some pictures up shortly. There not in thr car yet but over all im happy with them so far.

Ive not inspected any other seats closely enough to be able to compair, but while you can see where more time could result a slightly more finished product, the shape seams good and with a little bit of filling/sanding around the edges they should work a treat.

There no wide either! Im fine in them, as are a lot of other freinds, but my housemate is going to be a tight sqeeze.

Daniel