Board logo

Triton Seats SVA
Pdlewis - 13/3/09 at 06:43 PM

Hi,

How much edge trim have people put on triton seats for the SVA?

Cheers

Guinness - 13/3/09 at 06:49 PM

I passed at Newcastle with trim right around the front edge, down the sides, then round the top. And round the harness holes.

Mike

flak monkey - 13/3/09 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
I passed at Newcastle with trim right around the front edge, down the sides, then round the top. And round the harness holes.

Mike

Ditto that...

asn163 - 13/3/09 at 07:21 PM

I suppose it depends on which of Tritons seats you have. I passed I Nottingham with trim only around the shoulder harness holes.

HTH
Simon

spud69 - 13/3/09 at 07:31 PM

I passed at Beverley with the Trition wide seats without any edge trim on, i may be wrong but i'm sure the SVA manual only applies to forward facing projections where the triton seats are designed to be rear facing.

Pdlewis - 13/3/09 at 07:40 PM

Thats what I thought so I have done the sholder holes. My test is at notts so ill leave it at that and have some in my SVA bag in case

madteg - 13/3/09 at 09:46 PM

Mine passed with no trim at all.

Mark G - 13/3/09 at 09:55 PM

I'm not planning on trimming mine for sva, but that doens't mean it'll pass. I'm just not going to do it unless they tell me.

Triton - 14/3/09 at 10:52 AM

The high sided seats will need something on the exposed front edges for sva but low side with rolled edges shouldn't need it but it comes down to the tester..harness slots are moulded not cut out after seat is made so nice and thick to get a decent radius..but it comes down to the tester on the day...like the MOT

coozer - 14/3/09 at 11:37 AM

My low side ones passed with nothing on at all. (Beverley)