Board logo

Vapor Digital Dashboard any good???
Sebastian - 19/5/09 at 07:47 PM

Like the title, who has experience with the Vapor Digital Dashboard from Rallydesign are these any good when using a 2.0 Zetec engine?

Looks good value for money or not?

All reviews are welcome.

[Edited on 19/5/09 by Sebastian]

slimtater - 19/5/09 at 07:51 PM

Had one and it was ok - they were fairly cheap but have crept up in price. There are better ones on the market at not much more money.
I have swapped for the Veypor, purchased from Canada for around £100. Much better with some great features such as "virtual" fuel tank, dyno, datalogger and various displays. Even the gear indicator works on my 'blade engine using the learnt program i.e. not connected by a wire/sensor.

Just noticed its for a Zetec - Veypor is more for bike engines (although they do a car version):
http://www.veypor.com/

[Edited on 19/5/09 by slimtater]

robinj66 - 19/5/09 at 07:52 PM

Dunno about using with a zetec but the dash is fine. Speedo set using magnets on the driveshaft was spot on at SVA.

blakep82 - 19/5/09 at 08:00 PM

i just found these today. i think they look awesome
http://www.motogadget.de/en/msl.html

lotusmadandy - 19/5/09 at 08:21 PM

I have been using a vapour in my
indy for the last 2 years and it has never put a foot wrong.
It was easy to fit and set up,great value for not a lot of money.
I can't see any reason why it shouldnt work with a zetec,
the tacho can be wired a number of different ways and the
temp gauge has its own sender unit that fits in a water hose.

[Edited on 19/5/09 by lotusmadandy]

ReMan - 19/5/09 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slimtater
Had one and it was ok - they were fairly cheap but have crept up in price. There are better ones on the market at not much more money.
I have swapped for the Veypor, purchased from Canada for around £100. Much better with some great features such as "virtual" fuel tank, dyno, datalogger and various displays. Even the gear indicator works on my 'blade engine using the learnt program i.e. not connected by a wire/sensor.

Just noticed its for a Zetec - Veypor is more for bike engines (although they do a car version):
http://www.veypor.com/

[Edited on 19/5/09 by slimtater]

My vote too for this unit. relevant or not

ashg - 19/5/09 at 09:50 PM

I have got a koso rx1n. carcking bit of kit. bit more money than the vapor but i think it was worth the extra.

[Edited on 19/5/09 by ashg]

DM - 20/5/09 at 07:01 AM

I have a Vapor in my Tiger - very happy with it. Cheap as chips too...

jeffw - 20/5/09 at 07:39 AM

I have a Vapor in my Phoenix with a Zetec in it. Cheap unit and pretty good. The only issue I have is with the rev scale as it is designed for a bike...goes upto 14K (without going and looking at it !) and the Zetec red-lines at 7.4K. If there was a more car engine specific one it would be better.

If I was doing it again I's probable fit a Koso RX2n or if I was really flush a AIM Dash

[Edited on 20/5/09 by jeffw]

russbost - 20/5/09 at 08:04 AM

I think Acewell offer a better range with some of the facilities that the Veypor lacks, I think prices are quite close & I can offer 15% discount on most Acewell dashes. See below

link to previous post