Board logo

GRP Seat Trim
dhutch - 17/6/09 at 11:02 PM

Ive got some GRP seats, and while im happy with the look and sharpness of edges without, feel there is a need to protect the seatbelts (4pt harness) where i passed through the seat.

To this end i got 4 metres of rubber u-section edging to go around. Just small stuff, so i doesnt stick out or get in the way. Rather than steel centered stuff.

Anyway, can i keep it on, can i buggery! Once, twice, three times maybe. But then im in a hurry or a mate gets into the car, and it all comes off again, even if i stick it with contact adheasive (evosticK).

Anythoughts before i got spending at newark.

Daniel

twybrow - 17/6/09 at 11:06 PM

Two letters.... P-U!

I barely used any glue on mine, and it has held. It is now coming off in a few places, but nothing a quick squirt of PU wont solve.

James - 17/6/09 at 11:21 PM

I've always though the smaller size black herringbone trim looks fine.

Cheers,
James

iscmatt - 17/6/09 at 11:33 PM

can't really beat U trim, looks neat and is hard waring

tomgregory2000 - 18/6/09 at 06:39 AM

Super glue!!!!!!

Ive still got some temp u trim stuck on from sva as i just cant remove it, stuck bloody well.

Tommy

pewe - 18/6/09 at 08:24 AM

Extreme glue from B&Q - small tube costs £5 but sticks like the proverbial sh*t to a blanket. Used it on all my trim items and they are still there despite having passed SVA last year!

BTW if you want some thin s/adhesive neoprene sheet for seat padding I still have some left from a bulk buy last year - U2U me for details.
Cheers, Pewe

dhutch - 19/6/09 at 09:53 PM

Ok, few things to try there then.
- Have some decent superglue (ca glue) from my rc hobbie. Should have thought about that as we use it to stick the tyres to the rims (rubber to plastic).

Daniel