Board logo

My new seats
nick205 - 14/4/05 at 07:52 AM

Just had to share my joy at receiving my new Intatrim Ranger seats all trimmed in black and yellow to match my bodywork

Not fitted to the car yet, but they are very comfy in my living room and the quality appears to be excellent too. Would recomend Intatrim for good service and communication. Rescued attachment new seats.JPG
Rescued attachment new seats.JPG

shortie - 14/4/05 at 08:00 AM

Just out of interest how much was it for the seats including the trimming to your spec?

Rich.

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 08:31 AM

All inprice including VAT () and delivery was £299. It took 3 weeks from ordering, which is exactly what Intatrim told me from the outset (I like it when people get it right).

They ask for a £50 deposit, then the balance is due when they are ready to deliver.

Nick

[Edited on 14/4/05 by nick205]

ned - 14/4/05 at 08:39 AM

I'm very taken by a couple of the intatrim designs, the ranger and odysey iirc but ended up going the grp route. Any idea on the weight of yours nick, as i gather they are supposed to be pretty light. i think they are far superior to cobra 7's imho.
What are you doing for harness slots/harnesses?

Ned.

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 10:06 AM

just weighed them on my bathroom scales and they come in at 5.8kg each.

How does that compare to plain GRP ones?

Harness wise, the seat back should be narrow enough to allow the harnesses to come around the side. Otherwise I have a problem

Cheers

Nick

ned - 14/4/05 at 10:13 AM

dunno how light my grp ones are really (when i get them home i'll weigh them ), but i suspect the runners weigh nearly the same again! and sadly appear to jack the seat up a couple of inches aswell in terms of mounting points at the base.

Are you bolting them straight through the floor or fitting runners nick?

cheers again.

Ned.

mangogrooveworkshop - 14/4/05 at 10:35 AM

They have good thigh support and as ned says mach better than the cobras in this respect. We found the cobras bit you at the sides when on a long blat round Fife...

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 10:56 AM

Not sure on how to mount them yet.

I guess the passenger one can be bolted as mounted directly to the floor as far back as possible.

With the driver's side I'm tempted to find the best position for me and then bolt it to the floor as well - it is my car after all

Ned - what runners have you got for yours?

Nick

ned - 14/4/05 at 11:11 AM

Nick,

I dunno what they are! same as what fozzie is using! Think they are what mk recommend, possibly generic seat runners from demon thieves..

Ned.

ps i have put a runner on the passenger side, not sure why, but when i had it fitted I realised for sva i'd need to have it far enough forward so the harness angle was ok from the mounts to my harness slots, guess you won't have that problem with yours though

[Edited on 14/4/05 by ned]

Humbug - 14/4/05 at 11:14 AM

Ah - now I know what type these are! I bought some secondhand ones from the For Sale section here. As you say, they are very comfortable (seem to be anyway - not yet fitted, like yours!).

btw, I they are a grp moulding, just covered with foam/vinyl, hence why they are not too heavy, especially compared with the metal ones.

Like you, I am planning to bolt them straight to the floor, for Mr SVA's benefit at least (if they are the same as mine the seat pad is velcro'd in; if you lift it up you can take the bolts out to line up the holes exactly)

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 11:44 AM

Humbug - yes the seat pads lift out so you can drill through the base for bolting them down and yes they are GRP covered with foam and vinyl.

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 11:45 AM

Ned - After seeing the quality of Fozzie's car on Sunday I am now feeling a little inadequate in the build quality department. I was seriously impressed with the finish of their car

DavidM - 14/4/05 at 11:51 AM

I'm using seat runners from a 4 door Metro narrowed to suit. They are less than an inch high but are very simple and sturdy.

Theres a photo of them in my archive.

I also have Intatrim seats.

David

Humbug - 14/4/05 at 12:13 PM

David M: "modified" = "release bar cut and rewelded"? Looks like a neat job.

nick205 - 14/4/05 at 12:26 PM

DavidM - The Metro runners look good and reasonably simple to modify. Have you got the seats on the runners and in the car yet?

Nick

DavidM - 14/4/05 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
David M: "modified" = "release bar cut and rewelded"? Looks like a neat job.

Yes thats right. Chopped through the metro seat brackets at the Scrappy. Ground of the rivets to release the metro seat brackets from the runners. Cut a section from the relaese bar and rewelded. Bolted them to a board to hold them square and true while they were welded.

Have had them in the car, worked a treat, but as with everything else, took them out again.

David

Humbug - 15/4/05 at 11:08 AM

I just liberated the seats from a Rover 100 that my local "under the arches" mechanic had lying around. The runners look very neat and fairly solid - hopefully I ill be able to make as neat as job as you, though I think I will have to go the sleeving route as I don't have a welder

Ian Pearson - 15/4/05 at 11:26 AM

Bought some Intatrim Odessey seats three and a bit years ago. Bought them with runners fitted. Really pleased with the style, finish and comfort, but the runners looked like they'd been fitted in the dark!

Humbug - 17/4/05 at 06:23 PM

Here's a picture of the finished article (cut, sleeved with some scrap tube, fixed to a board while the Araldite set, paint touched up)