Board logo

Land rover seats
NS Dev - 21/4/05 at 09:06 AM

Has anybody successfully used landrover seats in their builds?

They are hardly really seats, but when I went in a mate's landy (ex military one) the other day and the centre seat of the three cab seats looked like a very likely candidate for the locost.

I am just after something to get me through sva, after which I plan on a few seating experiments!

white130d - 21/4/05 at 09:47 AM

I was planing on using the Deluxe Style (Series 3) center seat in mine but I found I had trouble reaching the steering wheel so I just bought a set of Kirkey seats for $99 ea.

D.

[Edited on 21/4/05 by white130d]

clbarclay - 21/4/05 at 11:12 AM

Haven got a center seat to try, but the driver/passenger seats could be adapted.

New base and probably new fabric/vynal (or whatever it is), combined with the shaped foam from landrover seat.

Why oh why did we get all the landrovers scraped

Donners90 - 21/4/05 at 02:15 PM

I had a look at using Defender seats ( I had a spare one at the time), but they were still a bit too wide even for a Viento. I asked these guys too

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/

but even their seats were still too wide. However I didn't ask the question as to whether they would make a narrower seat. Worth a try though.

Edit: In fact they do DIY re-trim parts as well if that helps?

HTH

James

[Edited on 21-4-2005 by Donners90]

wilkingj - 21/4/05 at 07:21 PM

What About the Trackers hi Back rear seats? they are narrower than the front seats. Traqckers are a separate squab and (hi) back. Made by Trackers. I have a set in my Landy. They have had 10 years of family every day use and are still in good condition. ie Hard wearing. reasonably comfortable, Ive done a fair few miles on them!. They are the Second row seats on a Long Wheel Basy County or Safari, ie forward facing behind the driver in a 12 seat Landy.
not cheap at £50 each, but Trackers kit is good quality.

ayoungman - 4/5/05 at 12:04 PM

I've got a lwb series three, I'll try the front centre seat for size in the tiger Avon. Will let you know about width and length extra tomorrow.