Board logo

Fixing seats
Dave Bailey - 10/6/05 at 08:44 PM

I have a couple of Cobra 7 seats that I am fitting into a Luego velocity. I have the standard cobra runners that will need to be spaced from the floor to allow the adjuster to work correctly. I plan to get a length of solid rectangular ally drill and tap it then attach the seats to it then drill and tap another set of holes and bolt up from underneath the floor plan. If I thread lock the bolts will the SVA man have any issues?

MkIndy7 - 10/6/05 at 09:06 PM

Only on the height of the seats for the seat belt angle test. Even though they have harneses holes they measure the angle from the mounting point.

Our MkIndy with the smallest runners on the cobra 7's we could find (Metro) and self fabricated spacers, failed on this so we took them off at the test centre and bolted the seats straight down to the floor

Which interestingly we have returned to and feel much more at1 with the car even though we intended for it to be more of a tourer. The only time we found we moved the seat was to stow stuff behind them.

Dave Bailey - 11/6/05 at 07:41 AM

Thanks!

I expect I can find out but do you know what the angle is?

MkIndy7 - 11/6/05 at 11:57 AM

Just found the pic I think you'd need from a SVA manual from a couple of years ago.
Posted in my Pictures bit as "seatbelt angles"

Dave Bailey - 11/6/05 at 06:17 PM

Thanks for the info.