Board logo

Gearstick gaitor pattern
Jeffers_S13 - 15/6/05 at 03:24 PM

Anyone have a pattern for a gearstick gaitor, I know its not really worth the effort to make one, but my gf is moaning that she wants to help me in some way. A sewing machine she has borrowed from her Gran isnt man enough to do the egding on the carpet (bugger) but should be able to sew some vinyl together so this is about the only thing left that she could do, shes already wire brushed the chassis, engine block and gearbox by hand so cant set her on off doing them again...just kidding.

I took a load of pics of one at Stoneleigh but a pattern would be useful to have.

Thanks

James

ned - 15/6/05 at 03:42 PM

no help on the gaiter, but what are you doing for the boot lid type area? perhaps a nice boot cover with poppers round the edge or a tonneau cover or summat?

get her to work!!

Ned.

DarrenW - 16/6/05 at 08:28 AM

Why not try and find a similar gaitor at a scrappie that will be close, take it apart and modify etc.

What about some snazzy seat covers.

Head liner?

Jeffers_S13 - 17/6/05 at 11:54 AM

Cheers guys ! I just recently recieved my incredibly expensive (for what they are) squab seats from DAX so dont want to cover them up and will *probably* buy the rear boot cover thing from them aswell when I can find a buyer for my other arm...Im trying to work to a modest budget without cutting corners that will affect the overall look sort of thing, hence the squab seats as I just love the style of them.

Can you buy mohair type material to make that rear deck thing ? I might set her on this actually. Id also like a cockpit tonneau type thing to stop birds leaving their messages of appreciation on the interior when its parked up anywhere.